Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Journal Reflections on a Thursday Evening

A little seasonal hand embroidery


For today…

I am thinking about …how blessed this day has been.

I am thankful for … quiet evenings with instrumental quiet praise music.

One of my favorite things …the peaceful evenings Beloved and I enjoy night after night in our recliners with music, reading, and the dishwasher quietly working for me in the kitchen.

I am wearing … blue jeans, a rose-colored long-sleeved T, knee socks and tie shoes.

I am creating … a quilt for next Christmas to throw over the back of a chair in the family room. 

I am watching …my computer screen as I type this blog post.

I am reading (for relaxation) … Slender Reeds, Jochebed’s Hope by Texie Susan Gregory. It’s historical fiction about the mother of Moses.



I am listening to … radio station KTLF out of Colorado Springs.

I am hoping …we can get into Sam’s Club tomorrow. They opened a  brand new store today here in our town, so we were eager to go see it. But we couldn’t find a parking spot!!! We’ll try again tomorrow, earlier in the day with hopes we can beat the crowds.

I am learning … how to be a better, more confident cook, which was one of my desires for 2017.

In the kitchen … this evening for supper we had Chia Tortilla Soup from Julie Morris’ Superfood Soups. Wonderful!



Shared quote … “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, Bless His holy name.” Psalm 103:1  This is a good verse to say to myself when my thoughts want to trouble me or when my body wants to be sick. When I bring all that into the submission of praise to the Lord, things tend to even out.

A moment from my day … here is that Christmas quilt I mentioned earlier. I'm using the solid white bedspread in the guest room as my "design wall."


Linking up with The Simple Woman's Daybook {January Edition}




5 comments:

  1. I love the guest bedroom, Barbara. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bed makes a wonderful design wall. What a marvelous Christmas quilt you are making. Wonderful description of your sweet evenings with your Beloved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cookbook looks delightful and something I need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great daybook and I love your new quilt. I do love to go to Sam's but I do not go often as I don't like to buy such large quanities most of the time. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, I can see that I am going to have to spend more time here reading in your archives. I love the way you write and we have so many common interests. The little snowman embroidery is so sweet!

    And I love the verse that you shared. I have read that verse, memorized it, sung it, thought about it, many times -- but this is the first time it ever hit me like this -- the fact that "all that is within me" must be blessing His name. What an excellent, uplifting thought. I am going to be passing this on to others!

    ReplyDelete