Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Hodgepodge for January 18, 2017

a recent purchase from Kirklands
with Christmas gift card
Today is the weekly Hodgepodge and I'm so glad to have our hostess, Joyce, back from her travels so we can get back into the Wednesday routine again. She supplies the questions, bloggers reply, and then we all link up at From This Side of the Pond.

1. ASAP typically stands for 'as soon as possible'. What else could it stand for in your life right now?

Abundant Snow and Pleasure

2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first person to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?

My impulse is to be one of the first to speak up in a group, and especially if nobody else is responding. However, as I age, I am realizing the benefits of not sticking my neck out so much.

3. What do you remember best about being 12?

I was in the 6th grade with junior high looming up fast. I won an art contes and was featured in our town's local newspaper, which was a real surprise to me.

4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you're stumped, go here for inspiration.

I'm really not in touch with Winnie the Pooh and his friends but I took the quiz and here is who I tested out to be:



5. What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?

I use the Maps App on my iPhone to give me audible directions to unfamiliar destinations. What a wonderful invention that is!

6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR), San Antonio (TX), Sanibel (FL) ... you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?

photo credit

I would choose Sanibel Island, Florida. I've heard nothing but good things about it and I have people in the Land of Flip Flops that I would invite to join me.

7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?

"Let It Be Me" by the Everly Brothers. When Beloved and I were dating, it was "our song," and still is!!

8. Insert your own random thought here.


At my house are praying for a peaceful inauguration and transition of power this Friday. May God bless America!

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers ... be made

... for kings and all who are in authority ..." (I Timothy 2:1,2) 


* * * * *


5 comments:

  1. Oh I really like that song and haven't thought of it in years. Amen to your parting point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless America!! My prayer too! I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge!! Everyone I've read got Kanga when they did the quiz...except me! I got Owl. I know nothing about Winnie the Pooh characters but I'm going to do that silly quiz again and try to get Kanga! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I fed my wife an answer for the ASAP question, but she chose not to use it. Well, I guess I understand that since she is gluten free - but I'll share my answer here.

    A Sweet Apple Pie !

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{{giggling over Tom's answer}}}---enjoyed your answers, and yes, praying here as well. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your ASAP, how cute!!!! Oh, Maps was made for me. I am directionally challenged and now I can go anywhere without any problem. Awesome! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete