Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Food for the Soul January 15

http://littlebirdieblessings.blogspot.com


My readers may remember that last week, I said my word for the year is "trust." As is often the case, when we make a declaration about anything, our commitment to that statement is tested. Yes. It seems to be a fact of life.

Beloved and I we are in the midst of a frustrating circumstance that is out of the norm for a governing agency but remains unresolved as of now. We are thankful that with all the Internet activity, phone calls and even a personal visit by the two of us to the responsible offices, we have come across a good woman who is serving as our advocate to get this matter resolved. (an angel, perhaps??) But with that said, we still wait for the issue to get untangled and made right.

We trust the Lord, who sees and knows all, to release the answers at just the perfect time. Meanwhile, He desires for us to genuinely rely on Him (trust) that all is as it should be for His glory and our good.

Today's graphic comes from a blogging friend of mine who lives in Maine. She produces the most wonderful illustrations and this one is no exception. With her permission I am including it.

Her words today were also a blessing to me. Perhaps they will lift your spirits, too, as you face whatever life has unfolded to you.





This old postcard of winter birdies inspired me to add the inspirational word TRUST. This image and the word Trust fit perfectly with Matthew 6:26:

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?


I can't claim to imagine what goes on in a bird's mind, but I know their creator does. I would think by instinct, they don't worry, but trust in the provisions of our heavenly Father. This verse tells me I don't have to be anxious.


Said the Robin to the Sparrow:
"I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so."

Said the Sparrow to the Robin:
"Friend, I think that it must be,
That they have no Heavenly Father,
Such as cares for you and me."
~ Elizabeth Cheney ~ 



* * * * *
Dear Readers, If you read my post of yesterday, 


then you know I wrote about a wonderful recipe that calls for hemp seeds. 

One of my faithful readers left a comment questioning hemp's relationship to cannabis (i.e. marijuana).  

Lest my readers think I'm into hallucinogenic drugs (I am not) and because marijuana is legal in my home state of Colorado (I did not vote for it), I wanted to share some helpful information on the subject.  

If you Google something like "is hemp marijuana" these are the kinds of answers you will see (I'm listing only 3 but there are more):


Although hemp and marijuana both originate from the cannabis plant, which is one of the oldest domestic crops, "the core agricultural differences between medical cannabis and hemp are largely in their genetic parentage and cultivation environment."

Hemp and marijuana are two subspecies and are two distinct types of cannabis plants (Cannabis indica and Cannibis sativa).

Marijuana plants contain high levels of THC while hemp contains very little of the psychoactive chemical. It is the THC that is credited with causing the marijuana high.


Hemp is used to describe a Cannibis Sativa plant that contains only trace amounts of THC and is typically bread for industrial uses such as oil and topical ointments, as well as for fiber for clothing, construction, and more.


Eating hemp seeds will not make your lab test positive for marijuana.

I am grateful to Linda for bringing up this question -- I should have addressed the issue when I wrote the original post. 

You can find hemp seeds in health food stores,  whole food markets, and Kroger grocery stores.

6 comments:

  1. I simply had no idea, Barbara, smiles (hemp etc.)....

    Thank you for the Sunday respite...and I do pray everything gets sorted out...I have always said the government is way too big for their britches. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're welcome. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  2. Barbara, I pray that things will get sorted for you and your hubby! Prayers and wishes for a good week ahead, and thank goodness for your 'angel'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tasted hemp before, although I'e seen it in Costco! Admittedly I am not a fan of legalized marijuana either.

    I hope your problem with the government agency gets sorted out. It's worrisome to have something like that happening, I'm sure. I'm glad you have an advocate now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, that will happen every time we make a proclamation. I trust, along with you, that everything will be resolved for you. Things such as that can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating post on a number of levels...one learns something new every day for sure. Praying that all the tangles are worked out as you lean on Him.

    ReplyDelete