Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Mid-December Hodgepodge

this is a tray on display in my kitchen
It's time for the questions from Hodgepodge Wednesday. Joyce supplies the questions and bloggers respond. Then we link up at Joyce's blog. If you blog, join in!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Explain. 

I had to ask Beloved the answer to this one. He said I'm both, depending on what I'm doing. 



2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day ... do you own/wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.


Yes, I wear pearls (bracelets and earrings). Pearls communicate to me purity, calmness, and sophistication. 



As for a pearl of wisdom, there are so many. I'll share this one: Take care of your skin. Find a cleansing and moisturizing routine that works for you and stick with it daily for the rest of your life. 


3. Speaking of pearls ...oysters? Are you a fan or not? No. If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters. If you said no, be honest -- have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?


No, I have not tried oysters. I usually don't eat shell-type fish (but if somebody else is paying for the lobster, I'll make an exception).

4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chose who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?


My vote would be for Ben Carson, a soft-spoken man with a lot of knowledge, wisdom and practicality in all I've heard him say (and in his writings). A man like that gets my respect and admiration. I believe he is a fine example for all of us that often gets overlooked even though he is out there in plain sight.



5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named - greenery.  Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.


It's pretty but not a color I particularly want to wear. I would use it in floral arrangements or in a quilt.


6. Today I've had too much ________.

Too much to do and not enough time, but what's important is getting done.


7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.

From "Mary, Did You Know":


"And when you kiss  your little baby, 
you have kissed the face of God."

8. Insert your own random thought here.

a tip for pretty gifting
The Bowdabra has been around for years, but only recently did I buy one at Michael's. I used it to make the gold wire-edged ribbon on the gift bag pictured above. Yes, you can make bows like this without a tool like the Bowdabra, but this invention makes it so much easier and truly fun!

Another random thought: Blogspot is not cooperating with my editing. Please forgive the variety of font sizes in this post. I've done all I can to make it uniform, to no avail. (sigh)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

With today's Hodgepodge I am linking up with other bloggers at 

From This Side of the Pond


10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers...I have pearls (necklace and earrings and huge ring), but they sit in the safe and hubby is constantly onto me about not wearing them as "they should be worn."

    Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Have to shout out when I see ya! Thinking of you and yours, my friend.

      Delete
  2. It does that? I have one upstairs in my Christmas stash and I had no idea that it could make bows like that. Those pins intimidate me.

    How nice to learn from an outside source that you are both task and people oriented.

    I like Ben Carson, too, even if he is now a political figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Merry Christmas to you and yours! Merry and blessed...

      Delete
  3. Yes, I, too, admire Dr. Ben Carson...good pick! I have one of those bow makers...best invention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben Carson is a great answer to #4!! I've heard him speak in person and he really is an amazing public figure. I've also see the movie about him and read the book. Truly a man who can be looked up to and emulated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA..."for Lobster, I'll make an acception"...my father use to tell every guy I dated that I only ate Lobster. Like you I'm not a fan of oysters, EWWW! Good choice for person of the year. Have a good week.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your idea of Ben Carson for person of the year, as well. And I've seen a bow maker like that somewhere ... always thought it just made the regular gift-type bows like you see everywhere. Yours came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from the Hodgepodge. I picked the same song and the same words you did. Amazing thought to think she kissed the face of God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard about these bow makers and probably need to get one. And, I agree about Ben Carson, what a fine man! Enjoyed your answers. Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete