Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Looking to 2017

S and G's dining table

As we look to 2017, I wonder (as I do every year) what can I do to make it better than previous years? 

Planning ahead and then carrying out the plan! often works well for me. Making those plans on the heels of an event is good, too. That way whatever worked and whatever failed is fresh on my mind, effecting better ideas for the future.

What kind of things do you think about as you approach a new beginning, such as a new year?  I'd love to hear from you. We learn from each other.

There is no Hodgepodge today as our hostess takes a much-deserved break for Christmas and family.

4 comments:

  1. Well...the first thing that hit me Barbara, was I will be the big 5-0 in March...and really, I didn't think I was going to have a hard time, but really, I am...

    As always, I enjoy your posts...they always give me reflection and they are always thoughtful. smiles---have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't make resolutions and I am really not a "goal" setter. I know what has to be done, and I know that it won't get done if I don't do it, so I do it. We will be packing up and moving to a new home (I hope!). Daunting, but I am beginning to get a little excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean like analyzing what worked well for Christmas and what you might do better next Christmas? I think that's a splendid idea. And I think that I should jot down what gifts were given and received as well. Thanks! (This may not be what you mean at all.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to a new year, it's like a fresh start and I always want to be better and do better than I did the previous year. I don't make resolutions but I do want to make a difference in this world and moreso the older I become. Abundant blessings!

    ReplyDelete