Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Reflective Hodgepodge

Enjoying the hospitality of neighbors

It's been A WEEK here and I won't elaborate on that. Suffice it to say that the beautiful Christmas season is not immune to the school of hard knocks. But I believe God has something to say to me in all circumstances, be they pleasant or troubling. 

Recent devotional readings and sermons have told me when adversity pops up, we should ask God what it is He wants to teach us. Apparently it was time for me to wake up to some things. But with that said, my joy in this season is high.

Today I am participating in the weekly Hodgepodge put out by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. Tomorrow I'll link up with other bloggers who are answering the same questions.

P.S. A few days ago I thought I was done with blogging until Christmas but if I have time to write more, I will. It's one of my best forms of relaxation and creativity.

* * * * * * * * * * *
Here are this week's Hodgepodge questions and my replies.


1. What's left to be done on your Christmas to-do list? 

We've got a thing or two that needs to be wrapped and put under the tree, and I need to do some cooking-ahead.

2. The Hodgepodge lands on the first day of winter this year. What's your favorite thing about winter? 

My favorite thing about winter is living in a state where it snows every year. When I was a little girl, my family lived in upstate New York for two years where there was a lot of snow (a LOT). Then we spent the next eight years in Southern California. Sister and I longed for snow after that. As adults our dreams came true. She lives in the upper Midwest and I live in the Rocky Mountain West.  We both get plenty of the white stuff.

3. In what area of your life are you immature? Feel free to elaborate or not. 

(smiling) Now why would I want to give an honest reply to this question? Those who know me well know the answer to this question and those who don't, don't need to know. (I'll be very interested to see how my blogging friends reply to this one.)

4. What was the most (or one of the most) important lessons you learned in 2016? 

When you fly high, you are a target. When you fly low, it's a little safer but perhaps not where  you are supposed to be.

5. It's Fried Shrimp Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite way to eat shrimp? Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feasting? 

I like fried shrimp, but the holiday feasting in my house this year will feature beef, chicken, pork, and vegan dishes.

6. What sound lulls you to sleep? 

My husband's snoring. Just about anything will lull me to sleep. I usually doze off in front of the television at night. It's unusual when I don't. "When I sits I sleeps."

7. What one word best describes your 2016? 

Retirement.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

A collage from earlier this week ...

So thankful for a good man and a long marriage

* * * * * * *

Linking up with 





6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!! Wishes for many more....I enjoyed your hodgepodge and whatever was troubling you, I pray that is has since ceased. A very Merry Christmas to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas! I love the way your table is set and wish I could taste those cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! We really enjoy Maggiano's too! I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge today, and want you to know that you have been in my prayers! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...46 years of wedded bliss! How wonderful...warmest congrats! Wishing you and yours a BLESSED Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very pretty holiday table at your neighbor's. Well, snoring can be very soothing depending; I'm shocked that you wiped it out. Ha! Happy Anniversary to you both! Here's to another 46! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table at your neighbor's home! And all of the treats look so delicious. Yes, something to learn in every situation. God doesn't waste anything; He wants us to learn and grow through adversity.

    ReplyDelete