Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

A Devotional Book Suggestion


My regular readers know I'm a fan of Dr. Charles Stanley, Southern Baptist pastor in Atlanta, Georgia, former president of the Southern Baptist Convention, author, and photographer -- to name just some of his accomplishments.

One of his books is Every Day in His Presence, a daily devotional that takes the reader through every day of the year. I love this book.

Each devotion is only one page in length and explains a verse from the Bible with great practical applications. Nearly every morning when I pick it up, I read something of value to me on a very personal level. Dr. Stanley addresses all sorts of problems, questions, and just out right conundrums that perplex me. I look forward to what God has to say to me through His Word and this man every day.

If you are looking for a devotional book to start off your new year, look into this one.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review and recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed listening to Charles Stanley...he has a gentle spirit. I am reading "Morning and Evening" a devotional of Charles Spurgeon. A good devotional is a very helpful beginning (and ending) to the day.

    ReplyDelete