Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Voting for our Land of Liberty

This past spring we visited friends in  Texas who took us to Denton Bible Church where Tommy Nelson pastors. His sermon was inspiring and Biblically correct.

We had heard this man on Focus on the Family broadcasts over the years, so it was a personal thrill to see him in person, to experience the power of the Holy Spirt ministering to us through him. Now as we get so close to the elections, Tommy Nelson has some things to say about the state of our nation and the direction we are headed.

I know my readers are weary exhausted from all the political rhetoric. If you are like me, you've already voted and are pretty much just waiting for it all to be over -- praying all the while, of course.

HOWEVER, the link to a recent sermon by Tommy Nelson has been sent to me and it is excellent.  After listening to the message, I sent the link to my husband. His comment afterwards was, "I just wish every born-again Christian in our nation could hear this."

Well, I don't have the ear of every Christian in the USA, but for the audience and amount of influence the Lord has given to me, I am sharing the link with you with the sincere hope you will make the time to listen to it for yourself.

The message is 58 minutes long, so perhaps you can busy yourself with some quiet handwork in your sewing room (as I did), or chop veggies for dinner, or just stare at the ceiling with your feet up in a place of solitude as you listen. It will be well worth your while. 

You will learn a thing or two (or more!) that you did not know. You will be able to tell immediately that this man knows what he is talking about and he has chosen his words carefully.

Here is the link:

 In the meantime, I'm taking a break from blogging until after the elections to give myself more time for prayer in this most serious chapter in the life of our nation. Perhaps you will be led to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment