Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Hodgepodge Wednesday on November 30

Sewing with Christmas fabrics
Today is Hodgepodge Wednesday. Joyce supplies the questions, bloggers answer and then link up at her blog called From This Side of the Pond. http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com

1. Give us three rhyming words that say something about your Thanksgiving holiday (or your most recent holiday gathering if  you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving). 

Delicious, nutritious, scrumptious

2. When did you last say, 'the more the merrier'? Did you mean it?

I know I have said this, but I don't remember the last time.

3. What's one piece of advice you'd give someone who is your same age?

Learn to trust the Lord more and lean less on your own understanding. Just because we are ** years old doesn't mean we know it all or can't learn something new.

4. You're ordering a veggie plate, what four veggies are on it?

Spinach, broccoli, carrots, and potatoes.

5. Shop till you drop! Did you? Have you ever? Will you between now and Christmas?

Yes, I have shopped till I dropped but not in many years. I remember Christmas shopping myself into exhaustion shortly after I learned I was pregnant with our first child. Beloved was out of town, so I didn't have any need to cut the shopping short to make supper for him. What I didn't realize was how very, very tired we get during the first three months of pregnancy. That was a real eye-opener for me.

I don't plan to shop that hard this year.

6. What's your favorite chair in your house, and why is it a favorite?

When I sit, I often fall asleep. For that reason, I have 2 favorite chairs:
red recliner for TV watching (and sleeping);
my "chocolate chair" for reading and needlework

7. Share an early memory of faith, religion, or spirituality.

When I was 6 years old, my mother was preparing to teach a children's Sunday School class with a flannel graph board. She asked me if I'd like to see her story and I did. As she spoke I realized I was a sinner and could not get to heaven on my own merit. I needed to ask Jesus Christ to forgive me of my wrongs and give me eternal life. I asked my mother to help me pray right then. That was when I became a Christian.


8. Insert your random thought here:  This week I am posting photos of Christmas decorations in The Brown Bungalow. Today the pictures are from my kitchen.  As I have said in previous posts, none of these things are especially unusual, they are certainly inexpensive, and are even understated; but they add a festive touch and I like it that way. Many of the ideas I'm sharing make good gifts, too.

(Yes, I love dishes. Most of them come from Walmart, the Dollar Store, or Good Will)

*****
Linking up today with Joyce and others at her blog, 



9 comments:

  1. Oh how precious your story is of your mother's flannelgraph story with such life-changing results! It must have thrilled your mother's heart and I imagine that it still does. The power of God's Word told via a flannelgraph. I have always known that those things are Narnia "magical."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red recliner looks really comfy! Your rhyming words reminded me of when i was teaching my kids to read and teaching the word parts. Cious. Tious. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the story of when you became a Christian! Thanks for sharing! Sure looks like your home is all decked out for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we become Christians we all remember our stories. They are all filled with love, and peace, and acceptance. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recliner does look inviting!! I enjoyed your story about helping your mom and becoming a Christian, and all of your answers to this Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't love a comfy recliner on a cold winter's night! Both of yours look very inviting. Have a good week.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love plaid at Christmas! I use it every year! Those plates are lovely. I can't fall asleep in a chair no matter how hard I try. I have to get horizontal. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dishes! You have a sweet faith story : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those trimmed dish towels so festive yet sturdy.

    ReplyDelete