Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Happy Hodgepodge

Sunset in  Colorado

After a couple of weeks off from the Wednesday Hodgepodge, our hostess is back on the job again. She has been busy with her hubby moving into their newly-constructed home on the lake where it took a couple of weeks for the Internet to find them. We are glad to have her back. 


Here are this week's questions from Joyce's wonderful imagination, and as usual, I will link up with other bloggers to see how they have responded.

1. Let's all think happy thoughts ... share one of yours here.

Surfer Girl, Surfer Boy, Grandson #5 and Granddaughter #5 are coming for Christmas!!!

2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day -- go fishing..." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _______.

Spending time with any/all of my children always thrills me. Can't get enough of any of them!

3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?

My bedroom closet. It is large enough to have a chair and I don't share this closet with anybody. When I am at my wit's end, going into that closet, closing the door, sitting on the chair and bawling into a hand towel works really well for me. There's prayer in the mix, too.

Beloved fly fishing at Eleven Mile Canyon
On a more grand scale, Beloved and I love to go to his favorite fly fishing spot to shake off the cares of the world. However, that's just during the warm weather months. In the winter that blessed place is covered with snow and the road is dangerous.

4. What song never fails to make you happy?

First Call singing Lord of All

Wow. This is a really hard question to answer because there are a lot of songs that make me happy. I wanted to choose one that is available on Youtube, so if you click on the title under the photo, you can listen to it.

5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing?  Sure, why not? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include?

omit the feta cheese for those of us who are dairy-free

The Olomomo Salad at Mad Greens was my most recent 'fast food' and it IS my happy meal! 

6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.

That's a good question -- often I wonder that myself! Writing is a good way to figure myself out. Playing with words and sharing thoughts and experiences is fun for me. I also believe I have a message of eternal importance for everyone that comes out best in my writing.

7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.

1. The assurance of my salvation through Jesus Christ
2. Good parents who raised me in a loving home
3. A wonderful husband of nearly 46 years
4. Three children, their spouses, and our 11 grandchildren
5. My sister who has been my best friend since I was 2 years old
6. Devoted Christian friends throughout my life 
7. The ability to read

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Surfer Girl made these turkey puppets
 for her son's school Thanksgiving party

* * * * * * *





5 comments:

  1. Well I'd call that a prayer closet! Yay for happy company coming for Christmas. That is always exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a large closet and I just might have to put a chair in there...and a padlock on the door! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Surfer Girl's puppets, they are so cute! She must be a creative, talented, lady. Eleven Mile Canyon looks like a magical place, it would definitely be my happy place!
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. The puppets are very cute. That is a very creative and talented Surfer Girl! I enjoyed your HP today and it is nice to have Joyce back with her very popular Wednesday meme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were great HP questions today and I enjoyed your answers. Thanksgiving blessings!

    ReplyDelete