Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Happy Birthday, Beloved!

Beloved at Boettcher Mansion


It's happened again: Beloved's having a birthday. This is it. 

We've got plans although they are not especially glamorous. The dishwasher repairman is scheduled to show up at the front door sometime between 8am and noon.

Snow is forecasted, so there may be some shoveling in the afternoon.

One of our sons and his wife are coming to dinner. My menu is Beef Stroganoff over pasta, cooked carrots, a green salad with a sweet-and-sour dressing, and for dessert, those gorgeous creations from a local cupcake shop. 

This man, the love of my life, is one of God's greatest gifts to me. From our very first date, his personality warmed my heart and filled a particular place in my heart that needed comfort and acceptance.  He has studied me over the years so his batting average over the years is out of the ball park with countless home runs. 

Where I am weak, he is strong, and where he is weak, I do my best to be his strength. It's working out well for us.


There is the cutest video out right now of two bears at Heathrow airport. Perhaps you have seen it. I have lost count how many times I've viewed it over the last few days since it was brought to my attention. 

As Beloved and I embrace our retirement years, this video reminds me of us. I hope you have a couple of minutes to enjoy it.

Happy Birthday, Honey!

















4 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday!!! Wishes for many more....have a lovely day Tom. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your husband! I am very curious about the teddy bear grandparents, but will have to wait until I can fire up the PC. Have a wonderful day...your menu sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet words, Babe! You are the best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video is indeed the sweetest ad I've seen in a long time! Thanks for sharing it here! Happy birthday to your beloved!!

    ReplyDelete