Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Happy Hodgepodge

Here is today's weekly Hodgepodge with questions supplied by Joyce. 

1. What’s something you might say runs in your family?

The love of puppies! Two new ones joined our extended families just this week!! (one on Monday to one family and another on Tuesday to another family)


2. I read here a list of ten things you should do before 2017 arrives  (in less than six weeks!)…which tasks on the list might you do? What would you add to your own “before the year ends” list?


visit your dentist 
my next appointment is in January
deep clean your home 
not till after the holidays are over
donate unwanted items to charity
did this last week (furniture)
look someone in the eye and tell them you love them 
I do this every day with my husband
write an honest letter to yourself 
would love to take a day to do this
clean up your inbox-desktop-photos 
I do this often 
travel to a place you haven’t been 
Lord willing, I’m done with travel for 2016
compliment a stranger 
I do this a lot; 
it’s a good conversational ice-breaker
watch the sunrise 
I catch glimpses of it as I prepare breakfast 
think ahead to your goals/plans for the new year 
oh yes!

3. What’s something other generations (not  your own) misunderstand about your generation?

We like music with a comprehensible melody, harmony, and learning new songs is harder than you think.

4. Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread dressing — which would you miss the most if it weren’t on the holiday dinner menu?

Sweet Potato Casserole.

5. What are you overthinking right now?

Just about everything. I tend to be overly sensitive and absorb more than what is intended.

6. Your favorite slang word lately?

Whatever — although I don’t mean to be disrespectful when I say it. What I mean is “there are multiple options and I haven’t decided which one I’ll go with.”

7. Write an acrostic for the word grateful.
Gratitude
Really
Alters
The
Ego
For
Ultimate 
Love


8. Insert your own random thought here.


* * * * *
Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm linking up with Joyce and friends at her blog,
From This Side of the Pond



7 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww on the grandpuppies (and grandchild in that photo, smiles). Have a beautiful Thanksgiving, Barbara. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new grand-pups!! They look adorable! I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge answers today!! Wishing you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love puppies too! The new additions are too cute! I really like your acrostic. Very nice. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, and hello to the puppies! Happy Thanksgiving from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Goodness. ...Those puppies. I love them!

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving Barbara, and I am grateful for fellow Christian blogger friends as yourself! : )

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great acrostic : ) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Enjoy those puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a creative, thought-provoking acrostic. And I like your ideas about music, too, and sympathize entirely. Enjoyed seeing more of your family, including the puppies! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete