Here is today's weekly Hodgepodge with questions supplied by Joyce.
1. What’s something you might say runs in your family?
The love of puppies! Two new ones joined our extended families just this week!! (one on Monday to one family and another on Tuesday to another family)
2. I read here a list of ten things you should do before 2017 arrives (in less than six weeks!)…which tasks on the list might you do? What would you add to your own “before the year ends” list?
visit your dentist
my next appointment is in January
deep clean your home
not till after the holidays are over
donate unwanted items to charity
did this last week (furniture)
look someone in the eye and tell them you love them
I do this every day with my husband
write an honest letter to yourself
would love to take a day to do this
clean up your inbox-desktop-photos
I do this often
travel to a place you haven’t been
Lord willing, I’m done with travel for 2016
compliment a stranger
I do this a lot;
it’s a good conversational ice-breaker
watch the sunrise
I catch glimpses of it as I prepare breakfast
think ahead to your goals/plans for the new year
3. What’s something other generations (not your own) misunderstand about your generation?
We like music with a comprehensible melody, harmony, and learning new songs is harder than you think.
4. Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread dressing — which would you miss the most if it weren’t on the holiday dinner menu?
Sweet Potato Casserole.
5. What are you overthinking right now?
Just about everything. I tend to be overly sensitive and absorb more than what is intended.
6. Your favorite slang word lately?
Whatever — although I don’t mean to be disrespectful when I say it. What I mean is “there are multiple options and I haven’t decided which one I’ll go with.”
7. Write an acrostic for the word grateful.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
* * * * *
I'm linking up with Joyce and friends at her blog,
From This Side of the Pond