Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Some Thoughts for Today ...


Fort Pickens, Florida 


"Civility has suffered as election nears" -- Castle Rock News Press

The above is a headline from our local weekly newspaper.  Many of us have had that very thought. Decency, manners,  politeness and self sacrifice have been decreasing in recent years while outrageous self-promotion is the norm.


I can't see it coming to an end any time soon, if ever, on this earth. Ugly behavior multiplies itself. It is hard to stem once it's begun. 

We need to be vigilant to not perpetuate the discord. We can't do it alone. I know I can't. 

Of late I've been making a more conscious effort to not only pray about those things that trouble me, but then to wait to see how God answers. When I quiet myself and just listen, His answers come. Oftentimes it's something small He's directing me to do, but it's His instruction and that's what I had asked for.

Don't we wish more people in the public eye would do the same? 

Our private habits make us into who we are in public. They betray us when we behave badly; they bless us when we are about what is honorable. 

The elections are just weeks away. I hear some people have already cast their votes. I think it's time for the rhetoric to stop. Most people have made up their minds. The best action to take now is to pray for people to be still long enough to think straight and vote with wisdom.

7 comments:

  1. Amen!!! Totally agree. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer is number one. God can cause conviction in folks' hearts,if they will listen...

    Have you read the excellent article by Eric Metaxas on the election and our future as Christians? It's a very good one. I also read yesterday it was James Robinson who led Trump in the salvation prayer recently.

    I pray the unborn will be safe and Christians in other countries as well as here will have an escape, I will vote that way bathed in prayer for our country, and that godly logic will prevail.

    Blessings to you Barbara, you have posted a very good reminder! We fight not against flesh and blood.

    Have a gloriously sweet day in the Lord! You can count on me to join you in prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very hearty amen to this post. The evil does multiply, but the light still shines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely ditto to the words Nonnie wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been the most contentious election I've ever seen. It made me very sad. I hope our nation can go forth to find cooperation and good values again afterward. We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been the most contentious election I've ever seen. It made me very sad. I hope our nation can go forth to find cooperation and good values again afterward. We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly wish the election was tomorrow. I've never seen such division in my life and I pray earnestly that God's will be done. I can't imagine what the history books are going to say about this in the coming years. My goodness! But, as someone reminded me the other day, God will still be on His throne on November 9th, that one thing we can be sure of!!!! Blessings abundant dear friend!

    ReplyDelete