Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A Moving Hodgepodge

On the front porch of The Brown Bungalow

Today I'm linking up with Joyce's blog, From This Side of the Pond, and my Hodgepodge friends.  Since I was out of town for the past two weeks, I look forward to catching up with everybody!

1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving to a new residence?

Unpacking and putting away the kitchen stuff is the worst for me. I want to put things where they make the most sense and enhance the "flow" of kitchen work, hoping I won't have to re-do it later. 

The best? Starting over, new beginnings, a chance to do it better this time, get it right. Often a new home means we're able to meet our needs better than in the previous location.

2. What's moved you recently?

My readers know how much I love Colorado, but there are other parts of our country that are also very beautiful and move me to thankfulness to the Lord for His creation. Here are 2 examples from my recent vacation:




3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so?

My life is definitely moving forward into a new season of Medicare, Social Security, supplemental insurance, and wondering what the upcoming election results will bring for all of us.




4. On the move, move mountains, get a move on, it's your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain.

Since Beloved and I got home just a few days ago from 'being on the move' with a 4,000-mile road trip, just 'staying put' sounds pretty good to me right now.

5. What song makes you want to get up and move?



Oh my. I love Rockin' Robin. For many years, when that song comes up on our playlist, unless I am ill, I jump up and begin to dance with all kinds of silly hand motions and jumping around. Sometimes Beloved will bestir himself to join me in the dance. I love the cheeriness of this song. It's clean and wholesome. Here's a Youtube video of the version I like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmvwFcfWmY

6. Your favorite snack to grab when you're 'on the move'?

Grapes and pistachio nuts (roasted and salted, please). My version of 'grape nuts.'

7. What one accessory makes your house feel like a home?


Quilted appliqué wall hanging in my laundry room

Quilts! I decorate with quilts (or at least something hand-pieced like a quilt) in nearly every room of my house. Quilts communicate warmth, coziness, comfort. After the upheaval of a relocation (cross town or cross country), I love pulling out my quilts to put on beds, drape over bannister rails, and hang on walls.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Often "leaning on my own understanding" is what gets me into trouble. When I submit my thinking to the Lord, He directs me in the ways I should go.


------------------------------



8 comments:

  1. I love quilts, they are beautiful and so special. I agree they make a house a home! And the season with Medicare and Health Insurance changes and updates - let's hope it all changes for the better, for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room decorating with quilts sounds lovely. I think we all will be glad when this political season has ended, providing there is the usual uneventful transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room decorating with quilts sounds lovely. I think we all will be glad when this political season has ended, providing there is the usual uneventful transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always amazed at the beauty of quilts and marvel at those who have the patience and skill to create them. They do help to make a house a home! I enjoyed your HP answers today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Florida Gulf is one of my favorite spots too. This political season is exhausting and depressing and I think we'll all be glad to wrap it up. I pray there can be a season of peace following the election, but given the divisiveness of this particular election I fear we may be in for continued conflict. I pray for America every day. Hope you have a wonderful restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from the Hodgepodge. Your trip sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say a hearty Amen to your random thought. SWMBO and I are rapidly approaching the "Medicare" and supplemental insurance years too. I love pistachios too. Thank you for visiting my blog page and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say a hearty Amen to your random thought. SWMBO and I are rapidly approaching the "Medicare" and supplemental insurance years too. I love pistachios too. Thank you for visiting my blog page and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete