Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Good Sense Hodgepodge

our front porch pot has become a "hodgepodge" of
sweet potato vine, green onions, snapdragons, pinecones and a small scarecrow
The days have been sunny with clear blue skies. Orange pumpkins and scarecrows decorate porches. For many of us, this is our favorite time of year because there is much to anticipate, taste, smell, hear, see, and do. Our Hodgepodge Wednesday hostess has come up with good questions (as she always does).  I've answered them below and will be linking up with other bloggers at her blog. http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com

1. What would you say is your strongest sense? 

Well, it isn’t hearing!! Most of my peers have some degree of hearing loss and that most surely includes me. My strongest sense is probably touch. I am a tactile person, which has a lot to do with why I enjoy fabric, sewing, and holding Beloved's hand wherever we go.

2. Do you believe in the idea of a 'sixth sense'? Why or why not?

Maybe. Some people seem to have an extra perception (or expectation) about things, like being able to sense the good or bad intentions of strangers, sensing good or bad coming their way — things like that.

3. When do you most feel like a slave to time? Explain.

one of my many clocks

I do most things by the clock so I know how much time I can spend on a project or activity. When I’m deprived of easy access to a clock (and calendars, too), I am sort of at loose ends. 

4. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? How would you rate the experience? If you could own a restaurant what kind would it be? 

My jobs as a waitress were years ago as an older teenager and I’ve not had to return to that line of work since then.  It was hard work, the tips were good and I learned some needed life lessons. People tend to be very particular about their food. Hunger makes them demanding. I wouldn’t own a restaurant for those reasons -- although I have written fictitious stories about being the owner   of Grammys Place, a bed-and-breakfast in the mountains.

5. Ever traced your family tree? Share something interesting you learned there.

I have not traced my family tree, but my mother has. On her side of the family, I am related to Martha Washington, Robert E. Lee, and possibly Helen Keller. I have no strong desire to pursue genealogy. I am a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. That’s good enough for me.

6. What did your childhood bedroom look like?

Most of my childhood was spent sharing a bedroom with my sister. As little girls we had twin beds that were never bunked. Our family moved many times, so a couple of times we had our own room. We kept our dolls and toys in our room and although my mother might disagree, it seems to me that our room was usually pretty neat.  That was due, I am sure, to the requirements of our mother, who was a good housekeeper.


7. Anyone who knows me knows I love_______________________?

Pal and Buddy (RIP)

Dolls, teddy bears, Cocker Spaniels, Basset Hounds, quilts, Bible study, traditional church music, and grilled salmon.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


the maple tree in our front yard

Our nighttime temps this week are in the low 30s, so yesterday Beloved blew out the sprinkler system, putting it all "to bed" for winter. We've had strong winds as well. The colorful trees are becoming bare and the leaves are blowing out of sight! There is no need to rake them up!

* * * * *

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE DOGS TOO! SO CUTE! Have a great day! Fun reading your Hodgepodge today, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers!! Your pups are so sweet and I love all the photos you shared to illustrate your post today! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the photo of Pal and Buddy...oh how that touches my heart. They are darling and I know you must miss them so much. They are beautiful.

    Oh the waitressing thing...Oh I grew up part of my younger later life in a restaurant. You know what they say? You can tell a person's character by how they treat waitresses. My youngest daughter waitressed last year at a country club. She would come home with interesting stories.

    I enjoyed reading your hodgepodge, it's nice isn't it? The autumn weather? : )

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our leaves are just starting to change here and they are so pretty. I love your answer for #5 and I think it is sweet that you hold your beloved's hand :)

    ReplyDelete