Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August


It's been a while since I last participated in The Simple Woman's Daybook, so here we go...

Looking out my window... the sun has set on what was a beautiful day in the Rocky Mountain West.

I am thinking... these cherries we bought today are perfect!



I am thankful ... for the above-mentioned cherries because they make a great snack before heading to bed.

One of my favorite things ... well, cherries, and peace with quiet.

I am creating ... a king-sized quilt for my bed. No, I won't be doing the actual quilting, but I am piecing all 49 blocks together. I finished the blocks a couple of days ago and now I need to sew them together...

one of the 49 blocks, with 48 more stacked underneath


I am watching ... the news every night and praying for our leaders and wanna-be leaders to listen to godly counsel.

I am wearing ... white capri pants with a gray-and-white striped 3/4-sleeve-length hoodie, silver hoop earrings and have just kicked off my sandals.

I am reading ... Heaven by Randy Alcorn. (very, very interesting reading)

I am listening to ... just the fan blowing right now.

I am hoping ... a combo magazine rack and toilet paper holder I ordered from Amazon arrives on the day it is scheduled to come.

I am learning ... to French braid my hair! Every day it gets a little easier and I am so pleased! 

this is what the back of my head looks like these days

In the kitchen ... I continue to eat healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free meals. It's been 32 months of eating this way and the health benefits have been very good.

In the schoolroom ... we don't have school-aged children any more, but some of my grandchildren are busy with homeschooling and one of my grandsons will be returning to his private Christian school in just a couple of weeks.

In the garden ... (so glad you asked!) Last week Beloved planted a Weeping Willow tree in the back of our yard where there is perpetual drainage of water due to the slope of everybody's yards around here.

I nick-named the Weeping Willow, "Cry Baby"

Shared Quote ... "The most magnetic quality in a Christian is not our faith or our love but joy (laughter)." Chuck Swindoll


A moment from my day ... I've made the wonderful discovery that one has to buy green onions only once during the growing season. Cut off the bulb end and stick that in dirt. You'll have your own fresh green onions for the rest of the summer! Just watch them grow, trim, watch them grow again, trim ... It's delightful!



Closing notes ... Fires, floods, shootings, plane crashes, earthquakes, political unrest and terrorism -- I think God is trying to tell us something! Are we listening?

* * *

I am linking up with other bloggers at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

4 comments:

  1. {an answer to your last comment} No, friend, I think the majority of folks are not listening, how sad is that? We're prepared and each of us where we're going, wink.

    Love your hair! I just had mine cut before heading back to school, back into a medium layered Bob, so, no more braiding or putting up...fine with me, giggling.

    Enjoyed your Daybook, Barbara, have a beautiful weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hair but don't see how anyone french braids their own hair. :o)) Enjoyable daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading your SWD entry from yesterday...AFTER reading your comment to mine. I have been trying to catch up with rest AND writing AND reading after a 4-day retreat where I stayed up late and came home exhausted. So the writing was not coming together and I left the computer very frustrated!!

    I must say, I have not felt this sure that God intervened as I do at this moment! I do not remember publishing this week's entry; since I was frustrated because of not being able to focus or pull the words together, I was just going to QUIT! No, I don't normally quit; but I do take a step away from things once in a while so I can refocus.

    I think God needed me to hear the words that you shared; and I appreciate them so much!! Thank you!! Thank God! I think I can actually go back and edit the post and finish those prompts that I had left blank! And, I am sure the focus will be there now - at least until I need another push from HIM!

    Blessings to you and your now retired husband...I know you will enjoy sharing adventures and projects and life!!

    ReplyDelete

  4. I read Alcorn's Heaven a few years ago. Intriguing - and what a perspective-stretcher.

    French-braiding is perfect for hot summer days. Exactly why I endured the painful bang-growing seasons again.


    Visiting from SWD. Mine's up at Practically at Home.

    ReplyDelete