Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

The Flying Purple People Eater

My readers will please excuse me while I take some time off from blogging. On the evening of the 4th of July, The Cook on Fifth Street sustained a serious injury while preparing to watch the fireworks show in her area. No, she did not get burned but she and her lawn chair had a most unfortunate encounter that left the chair undamaged but she had to make a quick exit to the hospital emergency room. 

Rent-a-Nurse and Mrs Berniece Mertz express their shock and sympathies
upon greeting The Cook on Fifth Street

After she got back home, I wondered what I could do to be of help. It was decided that Rent-a-Nurse and Mrs Berniece Mertz, long-time members of my personal staff, would be sent to assist The Cook on Fifth Street with medical monitoring and meals. 

When I received this photo of her injured hand, I began to worry if I should have also sent some sort of a guard for personal protection. Parts of her anatomy have turned the most amazing shades of deep purple -- in stark contrast to her usual lily white skin color. 

You see, when I was very young, she taught me about the 


Now I fear for her safety because she is, well, PURPLE!!!



Click here for more information (the song) about the One-Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx47qrH1GRs


5 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!!! Wishing her a fast recovery, if that's at all possible...I am sure her attendants will keep her company and look after her, wink. Keeping your mom in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! So sorry!! Please do take good care of her and come back when you can! Prayers lifted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we must pray! That looks like some pretty intense bruising. Thinking of and praying for you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no, that hurt me to see her hand. Bless her sweet heart. Do update us as you can. Meanwhile we will be praying for both of you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your Mother's accident! Her hand was really b terribly bruised. Hope she heals quickly!
    PS when I was a child I loved the Flying Purple People Eater song...lol...it was a catchy tune!

    ReplyDelete