Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hodgepodge Wednesday

one of our travel stops this summer

Today I’m answering Joyce’s questions from her blog, From This Side of the Pond.


1. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your summer so far? Why?
(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)

I'll give it a 7. Thus far it’s been a good summer with a surprising amount of road travel. Health problems have popped up, but God is in control and I trust Him for that.

2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? I have one aunt who is only 3 years older than me. As a matter of fact, I was born on her third birthday!

Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Not really. My aunt and I did not live near enough to each other to develop a real closeness. 

Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Yes, I am an aunt to triplet nieces, a nephew, and three more nieces via marriage. 

Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle). I was recently told by my sister that one of my great-nieces labeled me as her favorite aunt! 

3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? Strawberries dipped in chocolate are my favorite. 

What's your favorite food dipped in cheese? I don’t eat dairy any more due to lactose intolerance, but back in the day, I enjoyed cheese fondue.

4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain.

Nearly everyday (unfortunately) I am astonished by the things we read and see in the news. 

But on a lighter note, two years ago this month my daughter astonished us with the news that she was pregnant — a surprise to her and her husband as well. It was a very happy surprise. Our granddaughter is a little dolly after my own heart because she loves to accessorize!

Granddaughter #5; Grandchild #10
That's my grand puppy in the lower left of the picture,
sniffing all the shoes!

5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered?

The ironing board would be my answer. I ironed Beloved’s shirt before church this past Sunday.

6. What's your favorite story from scripture. Why that story?

The story of Joseph in the Old Testament (the book of Genesis, chapters 37 - 50). A reading of his life with its many setbacks is a great study of character development and how God matures His people.

7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see? 

1.  New York City 
2. Martha’s Vineyard 
3. Boston 
4. Atlanta 
5. San Diego 

8. Insert your own random thought here.




The political climate is so ugly right now. I am drawn even more to a close relationship with the Lord, just to keep my wits about me!


I’m linking up with other bloggers today at http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com


8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers...I have been to all those places you have listed, my husband was actually stationed in San Diego. Sigh on the political season...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is close to mine. I have never been to the northeast. Great answers, so good to have your faith to get you through these bad times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that we really have to rely on God and trust that He is in control. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Triplet nieces?! Now that's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is in control, Amen! Your granddaughter is so cute. Chocolate covered strawberries are my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! That young lady loves her shoes - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't recall having met you before on the Hodgepodge, so glad that we were neighbors on the blog list this week. It is such a joy to meet new women who love the Lord and with whom we have things in common. Your little dolly is adorable! I happen to have 8 grands 6 of which are girly girls. Treasure these days! Joseph! Yes, such an example for our leaders today to follow if only. Like you, I will leave it there. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Thank you for visiting my blog page. I, too, love the story of Joseph. It's an object lesson in God unfurling His will over many years even though we have no idea what's He's doing. That's where faith and trust in Him come in. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete