Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Hodgepodge July 13

a beautiful place
1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around? 

We all influence somebody, if not many. Bloggers should know that and take it into serious consideration as we compose our words. 

I am greatly disappointed in those of our political people who are announcing they absolutely will not vote in the upcoming Presidential elections. Do they not realize the influence they have over so many and the outcome of their refusal to vote at all?!!!!!

2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'. 

Since I am a quilter, I have all kinds of measuring devices in my sewing room. Beloved has installed a hook just inside the closet door of that room for hanging no less than 3 tape measures….gotta have them in a handy location.


3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why? 

First I need to say that within my heart of hearts, I believe The Land of Oz is actually Colorado, since my home state is immediately west of Dorothy’s Kansas, and I imagine the tornado displaced her into my lovely green state.

But as for where I’d like to visit, I choose Narnia because I want to meet Aslan.  I want to throw my arms around his furry neck and bury my face into his golden mane.  (One day, I will.)

4. Where and when do you get your best ideas? 

When I look at my circumstances from the perspective of “my staff,” (see Monday’s post) the creative juices begin to flow in my mind and come out through my fingers and onto the keyboard (typing, not music).

5.  So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good? 

The news. No, not much good there! 

6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.

“The dog days of summer.” Late July and all of August fit into that category for me and they are probably my least-favored months of the entire year.


7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned. 

“If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” While there are times when hard things need to be said, we don’t have to be ugly about it.  Also, the tone of voice and facial expression make a HUGE difference.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

Although I am replying to this week’s Hodgepodge questions (provided by Joyce, thanks so much),  I am supervising Rent-a-Nurse and Mrs Berniece Mertz right now, so I have no time to reply to the comments that come with linking up.  Therefore, I cannot respond or reciprocate. 

Thank you, however, to my regular and/or subscribed readers for stopping by!

-----------------
To see how other bloggers have responded to these questions, click here:
http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com

3 comments:

  1. I am nodding in agreement with your responses today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your answers sweet friend...and get back to work supervising, smiles & giggling. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found time to join in for today's HP! No worries about commenting...we all have days like you are having!

    ReplyDelete