Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Answers to Prayer

"Ditch Lily" in my back yard,
so named because these perennials bloom
everywhere in the midwest, even in ditches.


After my recent blog posts with distressing topics, I thought I should let you know things are not all bad around here. 

Today turned out to be very good, with a significant decrease in my pain. I give my thanks to those of you who whispered a prayer on my behalf. The Lord heard you!

I am reminded that the tough stuff of life does not last forever. It eventually ends or the Lord takes us Home and then the troubles are never again an issue.

On the subject of waiting, I'm posting this picture of the orange day lily in my yard that finally bloomed. It was waiting for me when we got home from the land of Corn and Soybeans last week.  

I'm glad it was waiting on me because I've been waiting on it to bloom for 2 years!! I've heard that when flower bulbs are transplanted they don't always bloom the first year.  Well, this pretty thing really kept me waiting, so it was a delightful surprise to see the blooms the other night. I ran outside and snapped this picture before even unpacking my suitcase!

Recent hardships and waiting remind me that God is in control, even when it appears He has forgotten us. Just wait. He's up to something and if we belong to Him, it's going to be good!

Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14




4 comments:

  1. {{{Big Big Smiles}}}---waiting/patience is not one of my fortes. Sad to say....hope you get to feeling better. Keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the waiting is the most difficult part, but you are right that we just need to be patient and have faith!! So glad things are turning around for you! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so glad your week got off to a better start. Hoping you continue to get better and better. I don't think waiting is easy for any of us. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! That is no common ditch lily with all those frills and extra petals...worth the wait!

    So glad that you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete