Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Trail Mix Recipe - Gluten-Dairy-Egg-Free

Barb's Trail Mix

During our recent trip to Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Washington State, I put together this Trail Mix as part of our travel munchies. It worked very well with my food allergies, and  Beloved enjoys it. I've made this for Denise, too, when we've taken hikes. 

Trail Mix

Carob chips (or chocolate chips, if you can tolerate dairy)
Rice Chex cereal
Roasted and salted Pistachios
Roasted Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Dried Cranberries
Dried Pineapple (I dehydrate my own!)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl then transfer into an air-tight container. For travel, I used a zipper plastic bag.

Although this mix is allergy-friendly for me, it is not low calorie, so do keep that in mind while mindlessly munching down the Interstate!

This mix is good for gift-giving, as well.

2 comments:

  1. I like your new look here at your blog, Barbara...Trail Mix is always a hit here at home, thank you for posting this. Have a beautiful day friend.

    P.S. I was wondering what does your hubby think about the goings on in DC/Sit in with the dems?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and healthy! What more could we ask for?

    ReplyDelete