Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Better-Late-Than-Never-Hodgepodge


My friend Joyce prepares questions for bloggers to answer every Wednesday.  I've taken a break from the inquiries for a couple of months but was in the mood to jump on the bandwagon, so here I am. 

However, Joyce is not doing Hodgepodge this week due to her busy schedule.  Oh well. I'll just do last week's questions and that will be okay with everybody, I'm sure. After I add my answers to the questions, I'll be linking up with the other gals who participated last week. (Got that?)

---------------------------------------
--------------------------------
-------------------

1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and why?

Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

We recently visited Coeur d'Alene, Idaho where the lake has 130 miles of shoreline that is so beautiful and peaceful. While I'm not a swimmer any more (never really was -- Beloved says my swimming looks like I'm drowning), I do enjoy an occasional boat ride.



2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink?

We have a green smoothie at least 5 mornings a week made with a Vitamix. My recipe is simple:

2 cups Tropicana orange juice (or almond milk)
1 good handful of dark leafy greens
(such as kale, chard, dandelion)
1 sliced, frozen banana
1  cup fruit (blueberries, strawberries, mango, etc)
1-2 Tbsp nuts or seeds (flax, chia, hemp, etc)
1/2 Tbsp agave syrup


3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were-

clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships (cut toxic ties), unsubscribe (too many blogs and websites), de-clutter, write down your daily goals, reply to emails right away, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, re-evaluate your commitments (which hobbies and responsibilities are most important to you), say no, clean up your computer, and plan your day ahead

. I am pretty good about "clean as you go" and unsubscribing to too many blogs or emails, de-cluttering is a hobby of mine (I can be ruthless). I am a mess if you fool with my morning routine.


4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school?

My family moved from Tulsa to Denver, I dated Mr. Wrong for a couple of months and then began dating Beloved ("Mr. Right"!) We got married a little over 2 years later!

5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite?

When we take road trips, Beloved always plays a podcast by pastor Chuck Swindoll as we begin each new day of driving. I love that and often taken notes on my iPhone as he preaches.

6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past?

I definitely think today's fathers have it harder now than fathers in the past because technology and organized sports (both professional and for kids) vie for time more than ever. Also, moral issues are much more of a problem than they used to be.

7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father if that's easier?

I have my father's jawline, wide forehead, and smile. I can also strike up a conversation with just about anybody, which is something I definitely got from my dad.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Before a guy can become a great dad, it's helpful to prepare by being a good older brother. Surfer Girl sent this photo to us on Father's Day. Our grandson is introducing his little sister to one of his friends.  


---------------------------------------
--------------------------------
-------------------

Linking up at:


2 comments:

  1. Awwww...what a sweet photo of your grandson being such a good big brother!! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge, and you are right! Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grands are so cute! Well, friend, I see that you and I were thinking alike except that you will link and participate and I won't. You made me laugh with your husband's description of your swimming. =D But oh my! What a gorgeous lake!

    ReplyDelete