Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

A Good Development

small flag quilt by author (5" x 8.5")
If you can believe it, a cheerful thought came to me on the subject of politics. 

Have you had the opportunity to read this article from Baptist Press? It has news on a positive note for which we need to be thankful, prayerful, and hopeful:




I am encouraged that Donald Trump has a team of advisors representing the evangelicals of our country. While Mr. Trump is most certainly not the man I had hoped to see on the Republican ticket this year, it appears he will be our only viable choice to run against Hillary Clinton.

That Mr. Trump would agree to meet with evangelical leaders is a good thing. To form a team of advisors from these leaders ... perhaps he thought this was just a smart political move, to garner votes from the evangelical community. But that kind of thinking on his part would be to underestimate the power of God.

What Mr. Trump may have unwittingly done is to open himself up to godly influence with this particular team of Christians. As a result, there is hope for this election to go in directions that honor the Lord and bring our nation to a place of sanity.

We need to take these things into consideration as we decide how we will vote in the Presidential election later this year. No candidate is perfect (or ever has been), but to vote for one could avoid the disaster of another one winning. 

To not vote is to essentially vote for the worse of the two. God knows our hearts as we cast votes for imperfect people. He knows we wish there were better options and He does not fault us individually. We have already done our best  up to this point to get good people to represent us.

For the first time in many weeks, I am encouraged about our political scene. To be sure, the battle is not done, but in my opinion, prayer is being answered with this selection of godly men appointed to advise Donald Trump. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

I urge, then, first of all,
that petitions, prayers, intercession and
thanksgiving be made for all people --
for kings and all those in authority,
that we may live peaceful and quiet lives
in all godliness and holiness.
This is good, and pleases God our Savior.
I Timothy 2:1-3

4 comments:

  1. I think, it takes a man (hope you understand what I mean by that) to be open to receive guidance. Good for him and I am glad to know he isn't that closed minded to not ought to receive guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the article yet, but I agree with you Barbara. I was so glad to hear that Dr. Dobson will be advising. If things keep going in this direction and the motives are pure...I think we may be in a more hopeful position. : ) Praying for our country. Good blog post Barbara, you said it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Barbara. I listen to American Family Radio all the time and they have been discussing this very topic this past week. Trump met with 900 evangelical leaders this past week and I was impressed that he would even agree to such. They said they would be more than glad to meet with Hillary as well but, well, not going to happen. We needed this encouraging post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to read about this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete