Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

The One Who Sees

Castle Rock, Colorado with Pikes Peak on the horizon
(left of center, mixed in with the clouds)
Beloved and I often walk through model homes, and there are a lot of them in our area -- more opening up all the time.  We consider it to be free entertainment, unless of course, we decide to buy one!!


This photo was taken with my iPhone yesterday from the deck of a super-expensive model home (the lots alone are $300,000!). I'm just grateful we can enjoy such breath-taking beauty for free, albeit briefly. 



Shots like this thrill me to my core. There is so much to see and study, and it changes as the sun moves across the sky.  Then at night when it's lit up with city lights, the view is completely different.



I am reminded of our Heavenly Father who sees everything with perfect vision and perspective. Nothing escapes His notice. He is described as El Roi, "the God who sees" in Genesis 16:13. Hagar had been mistreated by her mistress Sarah and as a result, ran away. 

God saw her distress and dealt kindly with her, giving her an amazing promise regarding her future. 

I wish I could see better. I wish I understood all that goes on around me. But I can see well enough. God is my Heavenly Father. Because I belong to Him, He's got all that concerns me in His blessed control. I am learning to trust Him with everything, most especially what I cannot see or understand.


3 comments:

  1. Breathtakingly beautiful...we like "free entertainment" like that as well...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! $300,000, that's a big bunch for a lot. Hubby and I have always enjoyed looking at model houses, lately we've been looking at yards. :o)) Such powerful words and so true! We have to remember these truths for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, ...God sees from afar, ...Everything.

    Beautiful blog Barbara, have a most blessed day!

    ReplyDelete