Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

Loved in His Arms

Granddaughter #5

By day the LORD directs His love,
at night His song is with me--
a prayer to the God of my life.
Psalm 42:8

Motherhood, and now, being a grandmother, continues to teach me about God's relationship with me, and mine with Him.

When I see pictures like this of my grandchildren, I just want to scoop them up into my arms and hold them close, doing all I can to help them feel loved, cared for, and protected. 

I want them to know that I desire only the best for them, and even when I may have to let them "cry it out," it is only because their best interests are in my heart.

I will instruct you and teach you
in the way which you should go;
I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
Psalm 32:8

The LORD directs His love to me all through the day, allowing only what will conform me to His blessed image. He has lessons for me, instruction, reliable guidance that reflect only love.  

Then at night He sings His love to calm me into restful sleep. 

If I wake in the darkness, all I need do is ask Him if there is a matter I've left undone that needs my attention. So many times whatever comes to mind immediately is exactly what I need to address.

Have I handled it poorly? Do I need to change my direction? Have I forgot to include my LORD in it? 

I am a grown woman now. The elderly years are approaching my horizon and yet the LORD still loves me as tenderly as if I were a newborn. He longs for me to reach to Him for a trusting relationship.

That is how He feels about you, too.

4 comments:

  1. Yes ma'am...funny thing is...I have the same thoughts...often, than not, I have forgotten to include the Lord. He has not forgotten me... Beautiful post, friend...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All soo wise and true. Amen to it all. Have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. A great reminder for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, heartfelt post! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete