Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Loving the Hodgepodge

the "Kissing Statue" in San Diego

If Beloved had all the time and money in the world, I'd love to see this statue in San Diego on Valentine's Day...


Today is Hodgepodge Wednesday. I've been really busy this week, so my time to respond to this week's questions from Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond will be short and sweet.

1. Create an acrostic using the word LOVE. If you're unsure what an acrostic is, click here. Well, this was a real toughie for me, and especially because I'm running low on brain cells, responding to this shortly before heading for bed ...

Longlasting
Overwhelming
Valuable
Everlasting

2. Does love really conquer all? Why or why not?
Ideally, love should solve all problems; however, it doesn't always work out that way if the other person is determined to not cooperate. 

3. Tell us about a time recently, where you really put your heart into something. 
I tend to throw myself into everything I do (it's just the way I am), so nothing in particular really stands out right now.


4. What's your favorite fictional love story?
The movie Sense and Sensibility.

5. Do you generally wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your cards close to the vest?
I try to rein myself in, and like to think that as I age, I'm a little more successful at that. 

6. What food says love to you? Why?
Grilled salmon with a baked sweet potato and a side salad -- all from The Texas Roadhouse.  Beloved and I often go to this restaurant, and we almost always order the same things. It's just something we greatly enjoy doing. He gets his steak and I get my salmon and we love the time spent together.

7. When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.
Just yesterday I was tickled pink to see snapshots from the first birthday of Granddaughter #5:


G#5 reading her card, wearing a crown, with
her new baby doll close at hand
8. Insert your own random thought here:

-----------------
Today I am linking up with Joyce at her blog, 
From This Side of the Pond




11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your precious little princess : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very civilized little granddaughter! Children do not usually pay attention to their birthday cards. Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we have some things in common...especially our number one answers. :) Happy birthday to your granddaughter, what a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your answers! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...your little granddaughter is just precious. Wishing her a Happy BD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your granddaughter is darling. I remember Texas Road House from when we lived in Texas. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your granddaughter is darling. I remember Texas Road House from when we lived in Texas. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love Texas Road House! I've never had the salmon, but will try it next time with your recommendation. Your granddaughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our little Sweetheart will be 1 tomorrow. She will likely not be nearly so calm. :o)) Happy hearts day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grandbaby is a little doll! I like the pic of the statue...I saw the sailor in person in a Veterans Day parade more then several years ago, he was darling in his old age. My daughter, Michelle went to San Diego on she and Josh's honeymoon and someone was nice enough to take the newlyweds photo posing the same exact way in front of it. Really neat!

    ReplyDelete