|the "Kissing Statue" in San Diego|
If Beloved had all the time and money in the world, I'd love to see this statue in San Diego on Valentine's Day...
Today is Hodgepodge Wednesday. I've been really busy this week, so my time to respond to this week's questions from Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond will be short and sweet.
2. Does love really conquer all? Why or why not?
Ideally, love should solve all problems; however, it doesn't always work out that way if the other person is determined to not cooperate.
3. Tell us about a time recently, where you really put your heart into something.
I tend to throw myself into everything I do (it's just the way I am), so nothing in particular really stands out right now.
4. What's your favorite fictional love story?
The movie Sense and Sensibility.
5. Do you generally wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your cards close to the vest?
I try to rein myself in, and like to think that as I age, I'm a little more successful at that.
6. What food says love to you? Why?
Grilled salmon with a baked sweet potato and a side salad -- all from The Texas Roadhouse. Beloved and I often go to this restaurant, and we almost always order the same things. It's just something we greatly enjoy doing. He gets his steak and I get my salmon and we love the time spent together.
7. When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.
Just yesterday I was tickled pink to see snapshots from the first birthday of Granddaughter #5:
|G#5 reading her card, wearing a crown, with|
her new baby doll close at hand
From This Side of the Pond