Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today ...
Denise and I had breakfast together at the historic B and B Cafe here in town then we drove around looking at properties with a bit of acreage. (somebody dreams of having more space for her dogs to run and play)  I got some grocery shopping done in the afternoon and this evening the women's ministry at my church met for dinner at The Olive Garden. We had 32 ladies attend, and I made 5 new friends at my table!


Outside my window ...
it is dark nighttime now. We saw a few twinkling stars as we drove home. The current temperature at 9:10 pm is 28 degrees.

I am thinking ...
how gracious the Lord has been to me to give me such a fun day and interesting conversations with family and friends in person, via texting, and emails.

I am thankful ...
for the warm fleecy scarf around my neck as I sit here this evening and warm knee socks.  As my daughter said during her visit from her home in the deep South, "Mom, I forgot that in Colorado, my feet were always cold." (smile)

I am wearing ...
the scarf mentioned above, a rose pink-white-black T embellished with silver studs from Christopher and Banks, black Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, black knee socks, and black slip on shoes with rubber soles (with traction for walking on ice and snow), and silver hoop earrings.

I am creating ...
Well, as usual, I have several projects going at once, mostly embroidery. One is a dish towel with a hen and her chicks; and some red work. But this week has been too busy to pick any of that up.

I am going ...
to finish my grocery shopping tomorrow and make a new recipe for Shepherd's Pie for dinner.

I am wondering ...
... not a thing right now.

I am reading ...
Agents of Babylon by Dr. David Jeremiah. I started it last month and then got interrupted with some other books. Planning to finish it before the end of January. 

I am hoping praying...
that a property in Florida sells soon. It's been too long a burden to the owners and a sale would be such a blessing.


I am learning ...
to be at peace with the driving distance between my town and Denver, and to always allow more time in case there is a traffic jam.

In my garden ...
... the garden is fast asleep, snoring even, under a thick blanket of snow. 

In my kitchen ...
all is quiet. Since I have had two meals today away from home, there's not been much activity in there.

A favorite quote for today ...
(perhaps you, like me, saw this in the daily devotional, Daily Bread, today, by J. Sidlow Baxter. I have loved this quote for many years)

Our loved ones may spurn our appeals,
reject our message,
oppose our arguments,
despise our persons --
but they are helpless
against our prayers.

A peek into one of my days ...


Even in the depths of winter, the blue sky of Colorado is brilliant.


One of my favorite things ...
is receiving snapshots of my grandchildren. These came in this morning:


Granddaughter #5 who is also  Grandchild #10
Postscript:
Try to excel in those spiritual gifts that build up the church.  (This is my paraphrase of I Corinthians 14:12)

-------------------------------------------

I'm linking up with other bloggers at The Simple Woman's Daybook for January.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the smiles...hey--we have more snow than you do, wink. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granddaughter #5 is adorable, even with that poutie face! Our loved ones are powerless against our prayers! Love that!

    ReplyDelete