Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Go Broncos!


Living in Colorado, of course we are Bronco football fans! ... Beloved much more so than me. 


Today we came home from church, donned our Bronco clothes, and settled into our recliners for the game.


Obviously, my team clothing is more reserved. I don't like to wear words across my chest, even if my team is headed for the Super Bowl, so I wear the team colors and call it done.

(However, I do wish I had bought a Bronco scarf I saw at the mall yesterday...)




Even our alter egos got into it.  

We are watching the Arizona Cardinals and Carolina Panthers play their game now. Whichever of them wins is who the Broncos will face in two weeks at the Super Bowl. 

I'm in no hurry to see that game. It's nice as things are right now. Losing at the Super Bowl after all the pre-game hype is uncomfortable and a strong reminder of the the fleeting nature of fame. Hollow and empty.

Don't get me wrong -- it's not that I think my team will lose. But I remember when we've lost the Big One in the past and it's not fun.

Go Broncos!

3 comments:

  1. We were cheering on the Broncos, too. Will also be cheering for them in the Super Bowl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the teddybears, and pillow. very cute. glad the broncos won

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we were so excited for the Broncos last night. It's going to be a great Super Bowl and we do hope the Broncos will win. We love Peyton! Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete