Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Connecting Dots and Recharging

Morning sunshine on the wall of my study
As we say goodbye to the old and greet the new, I am thinking about the past year and how the new year can be better. (Aren't we all?) Like everybody else, I had successes and failures of various sizes and impact. 

It's important to take some time to consider what worked well for us, what did not, and how we might do better when tested again -- because we know that will happen. 

Because I am a Christian, I include in these ponderings if my behavior was obedient to scriptural teachings. When I have messed up, it was usually because I acted impulsively and failed to ask for Divine help when I was in sore need of it. 

My prayer as this new year begins is that I have learned from experiences (both mine and those I've observed in others). 

Another plan I have in this new year is to take a few days off from blogging to sew, cook, read, and just in general to re-charge. 

I've got a couple of sewing projects I want to complete...


black candle mat with snowmen and evergreen trees;
embroidered blue snowman block for a wall quilt
and of course I'll share pictures of them after they are done.

I also received some books for Christmas that I want to read; and then there's the matter of getting back on track with healthier eating, now that the holidays are done.

I will continue to comment on the blogs of my writing buddies, so I won't be very far away!


Happy New Year to all!



4 comments:

  1. I understand, my blogging everyday is coming to an end in 24 days (wink)...many Happy New Years Blessings to you and your family, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time away recharging and finishing projects. It is always good to have some handwork on cold winter evenings. Hope that you aren't away too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! Looking forward to seeing the finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think we all need some recharging time from time to time. We'll miss you but good to know that you'll be back. Enjoy your "recharging time."

    ReplyDelete