|Art at the car wash with colorful soap|
This is that time of year when there is a lack of vibrant color in nature. Either there is a white blanket of snow everywhere, or dirty snow if it's been too long since the last storm, or most of the landscape is brown punctuated with evergreen trees.
Joyce has provided the Hodgepodge questions and one of them in particular is a refreshing splash of color...
1. Share one thing that really makes your day.
I have to be honest, even though it reveals my vanity. A good hair day tends to launch me into a pretty good frame of mind.
2. Lots of these kinds of lists out there, but one found here says the fifteen most colorful places on earth are:
Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy
Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Balat, Istanbul, Turkey
La Baca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Captetown, South Africa
San Francisco, California
Pelourhino, Salvador, Brazil
|collage of colorful places by blog author; photos from|
Again, to be honest, I am not eager to travel anywhere outside of North America these days, so to answer the question, I'll opt for San Francisco. But my hunger for beautiful colors was appeased by visiting the link above, which is where I found the photos for my collage.
3. "Everything you want is on the other side of fear." (Jack Canfield) In general, would you agree or disagree with that statement. Why?
In general, yes, I agree with this statement.
4. Imagine you are stranded on a desert island and dessert appears... what do you hope it is? Do you ever struggle to remember which spelling is desert and which is dessert?
First I just have to ask, WHERE does Joyce get these questions? What a vivid imagination she has!
But back to eating dessert on a desert island: Assuming the island is hot and dry, I would want a Freddy's Mini Turtle Sundae. And since we're just dreaming here anyway, I'd not be gluten- and lactose-intolerant in this fantasy! This has been my go-to dessert when I throw caution to the wind (along with a chewable Lactaid tablet with the first delicious bite).
5. What song almost always makes you cry?
The hymn, Great is Thy Faithfulness.
6. January is National Soup Month. Everything from soup to nuts, in the soup, thick as pea soup, souped up ... which saying most recently applies to your life in some way? Explain.
I guess my answer is "in the soup." We are making some changes here after long consideration and now the news is out. We are now "in the soup." Or another way of putting it, we are committed to the change.
7. Write a two word note to your younger self. What does it say?
8. As I type this, it is Tuesday night and the "State of the Union Address" will be on TV soon. Beloved and I have chosen to not watch it. The state is not good, but the speech will say otherwise.
No, I won't watch tonight's speech but YES, I will vote in the next election!
I am linking up with many other bloggers at From This of the Pond.