Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Postage and Packages in December

Recently-completed felt poinsettia doo-dad hanging on the floor lamp

December usually puts me into a bit of a mental panic as I try to maximize my trips to the post office because that is one of my least favorite places in all of civilization to spend time. 

When the automated machines first came out, allowing us to go to the post office at any hour of the day or night (and we did) to get our packages into the system, I enjoyed that freedom and flexibility.  

But when the rest of the population became more comfortable with the machines, we were more likely to have to stand in line, even later at night, to get our packages mailed.

Once or twice I got a large package stuck in the big drum of a mail drop during the post office after hours. That put me into a panic, and don't you know people behind me in line didn't appreciate that!!

Another problem that can arise is when the postal sticker runs afoul of the machine, again, during the hours the post office is closed, so there is no one to call for help.

With all that said, you are probably not surprised when I admit that nowadays I prefer to just stand in line to mail my packages. After all, by dealing with a live human being behind the counter, I'm helping to keep one more person employed, right?!

the angel tree in our dining room

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh how I love the dining room....beautiful...have a Blessed Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gorgeous dining room and the tree looks great there in the corner!

    ReplyDelete