Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Last Wednesday Hodgepodge for 2015

Wise Men Still Seek Him
This is the last Wednesday Hodgepodge for 2015. I'm linking up with Joyce at her blog, From This Side of the Pond...

1. Share a favorite memory/moment from the week of Christmas.

It was a thrill and a deep joy to stand beside my son during the singing of carols at the Christmas Eve service at church. He has a wonderful voice and it was good to hear him sing of our faith, our voices blending together.

2. If someone wrote a book about your life based on the past year, what genre would it fall under? What would the title be?


The genre would be 'self-help' and the title would be along the lines of Two Steps Forward, One Step Back because it seems I am always learning and then being tested, with both successes and failures along the way.

3. What made you feel patriotic this year?




On the Fourth of July I was able to watch my family shoot off fireworks. I was thankful for the freedoms we still have.

4. What experience from this past year would you like to do all over again?


It was a thrill to have all of my children and their families together for 4 days this past summer. 

5. What song lyric sums up or is a reflection of your 2015?


Words by Twila Paris from "You Have Been Good" (see YouTube of song here)
"O Lord, You have been good... Your steadfast love and tender mercies have been our salvation."

6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate 2015? (10 = stellar) Why?

I give 2015 a "6" because while it was wonderful to spend time with much of my family all in one place (which is unusual), some world events have been horrific and very frightening.

7. What part of the upcoming year are you most excited about?


Beloved expects to retire about a year from now, so I am interested to see how that will affect us.

8. Insert your own random thought here:


I don't make resolutions any more, but I do give thought to what worked and what didn't in the past year and think about what I should do to make the new year better. There are consequences for everything we do in life, so it behooves us to live as wisely as we know how.  

We also need to remember that when we are surrendered to the Lord, He will help us through the most difficult of consequences, even though we don't deserve His mercies.


Happy New Year to all of my blog readers!



Linking up with other bloggers at From This Side of the Pond.

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers. My hubby was forced into retirement and it was a major life change...keeping you in prayer. (smiling)

    Many Happy New Year Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas eve service with your son sounds wonderful. We have much to be thankful for. Have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't make resolutions, either. I think you're spot on with looking back to what worked/didn't work and moving forward from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful thoughts for the new year and I know what you mean about the 2 steps forward and 1 back. It does seem that when we learn a lesson we have to be tried on it more often than not.

    I pray the new year and transition to retirement for your husband are blessed and go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had that special time with your children this summer. It's hard for us to get our two children together, much less if we had four. That's what happens with long distant families. I haven't done resolutions in years but I sure do a lot of pondering about the year ahead and what I want to do differently next year. Wishing you a wonderful 2016!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The description of singing beside your son at the church service is very special. These questions are good for interesting answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love having my grow daughters beside me in church too. Makes my heart so happy. Wishing you a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete