Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

What's Behind That Door?

Today I am blogging for the Joy Dare Collection by Ann Voskamp. Her prompt for November 13th is to be thankful for 3 things found behind a door. 

While the pictures I'm sharing today aren't the most exciting, they do reflect the importance of being grateful for what is often taken for granted.


behind the pantry door
Behind the pantry door is food -- and blessedly, plenty of it.

behind cleaning closet door

Behind the hall cleaning closet door are my cleaning supplies, including a vacuum cleaner -- a wonderful essential to those who are "keepers of the home"!! 

Many years ago we lived in a rental house while our new house was under construction. All of our household goods were in storage. We had rented furniture but no vacuum cleaner. 

However, I had 3 school-aged children with a lot of time on their hands. So until I could borrow a vacuum cleaner, I gave the kids wide masking tape and had them crawl around the carpet using the tape to pick up lint and dog hair!

behind the study doors

My best gift behind a door is, by far, my sweet husband! Also, he gets to work from home full-time  while employed by a major corporation. I thank the Lord for that every day. 

What are 3 things for which you are thankful, things that are behind a door?  

3 comments:

  1. Like you, we have a full pantry, my son (who is in his room with the door somewhat closed), one more....hmm....a hall closet that is full of winter coats, gloves, mittens, hats, boots.

    Thanks for the smiles...Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat exercise in Thanksgiving. It has caused me to stop and think about all that we have behind all the doors in this house. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would name all the things you did, but would include our automobiles and our health insurance. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete