|Snapdragons from my back yard|
This is Hodgepodge Wednesday, the day when I answer questions posed by Joyce over at her blog, From This Side of the Pond. After answering the questions, I link up with other bloggers to see their responses to the same questions.
1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you're looking forward to on your November calendar?
November is the month of my husband’s birthday, which sometimes falls on Thanksgiving Day, so that is fun.
2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
I did this just yesterday, sending the card to a lady who does a fine service every two weeks, meeting a need I am not able to directly fulfill myself.
3. Of the breads listed, which one's your favorite...bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?
Back in the days when I ate bread, before I went gluten-free, I’d have to say that homemade bread from my bread maker was my favorite. While the taste and texture of gluten-free bread is getting better all the time, I seldom eat it due to the high calorie content and its tendency to take up residence just below my waistline!!
4. What's something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
|This past July Beloved helped clear rock for a flower garden in our back yard.|
ROCKS!!! Since I live in a semi-arid climate and water is very expensive in my town, we are encouraged to do xeriscaping in our yards. That translates to lots of rock! Yes, it's good thing. Rocks don't need to be watered or mowed or shoveled when we get snow. Weeds show up in stark contrast to the rocks, so it's easy to pull them before they take over.
5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who's your favorite redhead?
I like to refer to one of my daughters-in-law as “the lil’ red-haired girl," and she is definitely my favorite redhead.
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state's #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
|Internet photo of Maroon Bells, Colorado|
|photo from the Internet, Google: Coors Field Denver Colorado|
The #1 most Instagrammed spot in Colorado is reported to be Coors Field, which is in downtown Denver. It’s the home field for our baseball team, the Colorado Rockies. I would rather that the most Instagrammed place be some of our scenic mountains, but I’ve got nothing against baseball, so, okay.
7. What's something you've learned about yourself this year that you're grateful for?
My gluten-free and dairy-free way of eating is serving me well.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Susie Larson is a gal who has written some books and has brief daily devotions on Face Book. Her stuff is so good and uplifting. Here is one example:
Morning Blessing: May you lift your chin today and look up to the One who will never fail you. Instead of being derailed by your disappointments, may you sense the divine invitation here to believe that the story is far from over. He who began a good work will be faithful to bring it to completion. Don’t give up hope. Don’t let go of the promise. Refuse to rehash your losses. Instead, look to the One who goes before you. He’ll consume your enemy. He WILL bring beauty out of the ashes of your pain. He’ll do that for you. Trust Him wholeheartedly today and keep marching forward. You’re a brave soul even when you don’t feel like one.
I'm linking up with other bloggers today at From This Side of the Pond.