Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Responding to Fear


Despite their fear of the peoples around them,
they built the altar on its foundation
and sacrificed burnt offerings on it to the LORD, 
both the morning and evening sacrifices.
Ezra 3:3




Now when Daniel learned that the decree 
had been published,
he went home to his upstairs room 
where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. 
Three times a day 
he got down on his knees and prayed, 
just as he had done before.
Daniel 6:10



Going a little farther, 
he fell with his face to the ground and prayed,
"My Father, if it is possible, 
may this cup be taken from me.
Yet not as I will, but as you will."
Matthew 26:39


What are we to do in the face of current events? Are we praying? Are we seeking the Lord with sincerity and humility of heart? Are we asking for His intervention? It's not too late to ask.

Seek ye the Lord while He may be found. 
Call upon Him while He is near. 
Isaiah 55:6

Nearly every night this week I have woke up around 4 a.m. My first thought is to pray.  I know I am not alone in this. Some of my readers consider these "wake up calls" as a wonderful, undisturbed opportunity to pray and listen to the Lord.

We have fine examples from the Bible of people who prayed and bravely carried on in obedience in the face of threats to their well-being.  

No matter what happens, I want to be found faithful. I know you do, too.
----------------
All photos today are from the Internet

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful...you are not alone...my friend...Have a blessed Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to be found faithful. These are such hard times. Satan can't win though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. I have had a few of those nightime wakings this week. I don't waste them. =D

    ReplyDelete