Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015

Changing Out the Cast Members

the Pilgrim people leave; the Christmas people arrive

With Thanksgiving 2015 behind us now, the Pilgrim people began lining up for the trek back down to the basement.

The Christmas people arrive while the Pilgrim people leave
At the same time, the Christmas pageant people began arriving. It all made for quite a traffic jam for a while there. I advised Beloved to avoid the entry hall and the stairs to the basement for the time it took everybody to commute to their destinations.


safely packed away
Those who have been reading my blog for the last five years may remember that a couple of times the Pilgrim people did not find their way to the right packing box and as a result showed up too late for Thanksgiving the following year. 

packing and labeling the storage containers
But the last couple of years we have got our act together and everybody has met their scheduled deadlines. With this many characters in my life, there probably is no such thing as too much attention to detail and organization.

the Nativity pageant people and the extras

By prior agreement, the Nativity pageant people and all extras met in the dining room where they visited and got caught up on their personal stories since retreating to their packing boxes last January.


the Nativity pageant animals in a coral

Christmas decor was unpacked as the pumpkins were removed.

Log Cabin Star wallhanging

"Minnesota Hot Dish" quilted runner, red poinsettia garland, Mary and Baby Jesus cross stitch by BBaker
dining room Nativity scene

a quilt from Walmart (several years ago) adorns the entry hall pew

Some of the Christmas extras joined Grandad Bear atop the Pie Safe in the entry hall


the pantry door always gets a wreath

a sparkly red poinsettia garland embellishes the breakfast room chandelier
the Nativity cast members were assigned a highly visible position on the fireplace mantel

the red Christmas card basket sits on the coffee table

We have some new Christmas season cast members
who did not make the relocation to Texas this past summer

Another newcomer who has found a place in our home to enjoy the Christmas season


Christmas wreath on our front porch

This was as far as we got with Christmas decorating for today. Tomorrow we will be opening our home to Monster Vac to clean our vents and air ducts, so the trees won't go up until after that is done.

But the change has begun from the season of Thanksgiving to the time of Advent. What a joyful time of year this is intended to be when our focus is on our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ.


5 comments:

  1. Alright, I am insanely jealous of your double oven, {{giggling}}}---oh how things would be so much easier with a double oven, sigh. wink

    I would hope, at least, the Thanksgiving people said hello and exchanged pleasantries with the Christmas people on the way to and forth from the basement, wink. You, my friend....have made my day. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I did my decorating today as well. I probably could do even more as this house is so open. But, probably will just leave things as they are. Yours all look lovely. I'll feature mine one day before long. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will get started tomorrow after our son heads for home. I'm not doing too much decorating this year. I wish my Christmas collections would be as orderly as your Christmas people and would just walk out of the attic into place! (winking) I love how you decorate for each season/holiday and your lovely collections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! Now if I could just train my crew to march themselves up and down stairs. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this post just made me smile!
    I'm going to do my best to put away all of my fall decorations tomorrow between work and playing taxi driver for my family.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete