Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Hodgepodge for the Season

Auditioning table decor for Thanksgiving.
I did not use this one but chose something with more orange--
and then forgot to take a picture!!

Today I'm answering the writing prompts provided by Joyce and then on Wednesday I'll link up with other bloggers who have replied to the same questions.

1. What's something you wish you knew how to do, but feel like it's too late to learn?

Play the piano. I wish I could play and I wish I could play extremely well.



2. Your least favorite thing to shop for? Why?

Large appliances for the home (like refrigerators, ovens, washer, drier, etc.) are my least favorite thing for shopping because I have very little patience with sales people who work on commission.



3. How has the celebration of Thanksgiving today changed from when you were growing up?

Hands down -- the merchants of non-essential businesses who open their stores on Thanksgiving to get more sales. (Don't get me started on that one!) 



4. What's something that when other people see it, reminds them of  you? Explain.

People tend to think of me when they see quilts because I am a quilter.



5. If you could guest star on a TV show, what would it be and why?

I would like to go back in time to sing harmony with the Lennon Sisters on The Lawrence Welk Show. They sounded great (I learned a lot about singing alto from my years of watching them), plus they always dressed so pretty and everybody loved them.



6. Have you ever farmed or spent any time on a farm? I have never farmed, but I have visited family who had farms. Are there farm stands in your little corner of the world and do you make it a point to shop there? In the summer months there are farmers' markets around here. I don't stop real often. If so, what item do you particularly like to buy from a roadside stand or farm shop? I like a good home-grown tomato.


This is how Surfer Girl stores her fresh produce.
No need to refrigerate it because her family
goes through it very fast with their
very healthy way of eating.


7. What's something you've experienced recently that made you feel a sense of awe or wonder?


Yesterday I could see the bright stars in the inky black sky while I was opening our window shutters before breakfast. I like to think of stars as holes in a dark canvas sky with heaven shining through.



8. Insert your own random thought here.

This is a Norway Maple tree in the yard of my sister and brother-in-law. The photography is by my sister. The pictures were not all taken from the same spot, but it is the same tree. Isn't it awesomely beautiful?!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my blog readers!
Thanks for stopping by and 
thank you for the cheerful comments.

------------------------------
To read the answers by other bloggers for the Hodgepodge on Wednesday, 




4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers, and we both want to play the piano! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! The tree photos are lovely and interestingly displayed. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures...many Happy Thanksgivings to you as well. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicemaple tree, beautifully shaped. I like how you think about the stars...they have been showing up remarkably well of late. And the moon...so bright that it kept me awake for some time last night. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lot of hopeful musicians in the HP this last week : ) We're building a house, so we've recently selected appliances. It was a bit overwhelming as there are so.many.choices. The salesperson was really helpful. I don't think I could have done it without someone walking me through all the options. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete