Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Rejoicing in Answered Prayer

pumpkin on the rocks

There has been a problem on our mind over the last several months, something that got more serious with time. Sleepless nights and the temptation to fret were frequent. Our trust in God's goodness, justice and provision was tested.

My greatest refuge and source of peace was to recite to myself and pray these words from Scripture (among many others):

Call unto me
and I will answer thee
and will show you
great and mighty things
which thou knowest not.
Jeremiah 33:3

The name of the Lord is
a strong tower.
The righteous run to it
and are safe.
Proverbs 18:10

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:3

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

pumpkin in the grass
The answer and solution to the problem came this weekend. Relief floods over us, along with a renewed marveling that the God of the universe cares and provides for insignificant people. We thank Him for His compassion, mercies, and provision. 

I sought the LORD,
and he answered me;
he delivered me 
from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4

You are my God,
and I will give you thanks;
you are my God, 
and I will exalt you.

Give thanks to the LORD,
for he is good;
his love endures forever.
Psalm 118:28-29

Bless the Lord, 
O my soul and all that is within me,
bless his holy name.
Psalm 103:1


5 comments:

  1. Prayers are answered on the Lord's time...trust is hard...I know...been there, done that and sometimes still doing it. I am glad whatever was going on has been worked out. Blessings to you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barbara! I'm so glad for you. This post comes at such a perfect time for me, too. I'm finding myself struggling at times not to fret over something big that is coming soon in our life with no answer in sight. Thank you so much! I'm going to pin it and read it again!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    who visited you through Simply Linda's site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The power of prayer is beyond imagining. Praise God that yours were answered and you received His Grace. Blessed are the believers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing. T'is so sweet to trust in Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is never late - our challenge to wait on Him is often a real one. Praise to the One who rules over all!

    ReplyDelete