Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October's Last Hodgepodge

Dining table decor at The Brown Bungalow

Here are the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. I’m answering here on my blog, and then hopping over to Joyce’s blog, at From This Side of the Pond to link up my answers with other bloggers who are participating.


1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent?


I’m comfortable with silence. But I also enjoy quiet music in the background. Yes, I seek times and places to be silent. My favorite place for that is my bedroom closet. 

2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?

A chocolate-dipped strawberry!

3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?

I wear jeans just about every single day. If not all day long, then some part of it. I don’t have a blue jean jacket but I do have a vest. However, I like for the jacket or vest to be the same shade of blue as the jeans but seldom do they match well enough to satisfy me.

4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?  No, I’m not superstitious.

5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with? 

I could be a “Bad Hair Day Queen”!!!

6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?

Traffic. I pray a lot in the car, and often out loud.

7. Perhaps today will be the day I (fill in the blank) ... I cannot think of a good response for  this one.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

our hall pew

Hooray! Halloween will be gone in just a few days. I am ready to move on to the season of gratitude and Thanksgiving.


From This Side of the Pond
Click on the blog title to link up with other bloggers.


12 comments:

  1. Oh how I love your church pew...beautiful. I am so ready for Halloween to be over with as well...so looking forward to Thanksgiving. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your hall pew! The wood is gorgeous! Hard to believe that Nov. 1st will arrive on Monday. Where did October go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to Thanksgiving too, already started planning the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful church pew and lovely fabric hanging on the back. Did you make that? I love it. I should do something to dress up or deacons bench. We're not gung ho on Halloween either. We're for Reformation Day and All Saints' Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I'm ready for Thanksgiving. And that is a lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I made the pumpkin piece on the church pew, and also the patchwork piece on the dining table. I love working with fabrics in those orangey-rust colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ready to move on, too. Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. The quilt on your hall bench is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good point - I never wear my jean jacket with jeans. It's always with cords, or even a skirt, but not other denim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am neither a fan nor a participant in Halloween and also am ready for the focus to be on Thanksgiving. However, I'm afraid our nation has lost touch with this all important day and as a result it is the least celebrated of holidays. All the more reason for us to continue bringing attention to the real purpose of the day and give our thanks to the Giver of All Good Things, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the throw on the back of the bench and I'm quite certain that you made it. I'm planning to do my Thanksgiving decor this weekend. I love Thanksgiving and hate that it gets pushed aside and sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas. Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely quilt! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the emphasis on gratitude, family, and food. I also feel like it's a breather before December rolls in. It's my kind of pace.

    ReplyDelete