|Starring cast from Back to the Future III|
1. October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day. Did you see the movie? The sequels? In the second film, Doc takes Marty into the future to prevent Marty's future son from making a mistake. They leave 1985 and land on a 'skyway' on October 21st, 2015. So tell us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985?
Yes, I have seen all of the Back to the Future movies and the last one is my favorite. Beloved and I even quote some of the lines to each other at times (“Please excuse the crudity of this model”). Unhappily, I do remember well what I was doing in the fall of 1985. My father had just learned that his cancer had returned and would probably be terminal, which it was.
2. If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? The past?
I would want to visit the Victorian era in England, Europe, and our own East Coast when the houses and clothing styles were so beautiful.
3. We're not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the 80's film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015-flat screen TVs on the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and smart glasses (Google glass). Do you worry technology is growing at a rate so fast we'll soon be unable to keep up with it's demands? Do you think the Internet does more harm than good?
Technology is already growing at a rate too fast for many of us to keep up with. It’s discouraging to see how often my husband needs to update our computers and phones. And so many times, the updates bring with them changes that seem so unnecessary (and baffling).
As for the Internet being harmful, no, I don’t think it does more harm than good but just like driving a car, it is a powerful tool for both good and harm in the hands of those who use it.
4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker? Your favorite fast food?
Crockpot: Beef-Bean Casserole (ground beef with several kinds of beans in a BBQ-type of sauce). But I can't eat that anymore... (sigh)
Fast Food: Wendy’s Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (hold the cheese, please). I know that sounds weird. I've developed some serious food allergies and so this is it! Back in the day, a McDonald's Quarter Pounder with cheese was my fav fast food.
5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in the nick of time, make time, mark time, or just in time...which timely saying most relates to your life right now?
I’ll go with “make time.” As stated in my blog post of yesterday, if I’m going to get any sewing done, I need to “make time” to do it. Otherwise, all manner of things crowd it out.
6. Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that's no longer there or is now something else. How does that make you feel?
|the Aladdin Theatre on Colfax Avenue built in 1926|
photo credit and history
Beloved and I went to see the movie “Camelot” on our first date at the historic Aladdin Theatre in Denver in 1968. After many movie goers moved out to the suburbs, the theatre was wrecked in 1984 to build a Walgreens store. Yeah, this makes me feel old.
7. Describe your comfort zone.
A good hair day, feeling healthy, comfortable clothes, and knowing all my family has food on their tables, gas in their cars, and household utilities working.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My favorite radio station is Denver’s KPOF at 910 on the AM dial. We can hardly receive it at all with AM radios inside our home, so I listen to it in the car and in our house on an iPod inserted into a special stand with speakers.
For reasons we don’t completely understand, the station cuts in and out more all the time. We suspect it has something to do with our Internet carrier but have not been able to fix the problem. Just this morning Beloved presented me with the gift of an HD radio that picks up the station beautifully.
Linking up with bloggers today at