Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Have Patience Hodgepodge Wednesday

from  Face Book
answering questions from Joyce today for the Hodgepodge Wednesday meme...

1. What's something that has recently 'tried  your patience'?

My patience factor has been pretty good of late. It helps that I am adjusting to the road construction in our town, even though it's another year or more until the new freeway interchange will be completed.


2. Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow? On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you? (1=I blow up at the drop of a hat and 1-=I've got all the time in the world.)


I think patience is something we all have to learn, although it may come easier for those who had patience modeled for them while growing up. As for my number score about how patient I am, it depends on the issue requiring patience. I'll say I'm somewhere between 5 and 7.


3. Share about a time when you felt like you could fly. Or a time you wished you could fly. Or a time you felt like you were flying.


I have wished I could fly every time one of my grandchildren were born so I could be there during the first day of their life. All of my grands have been born out of state and we could not get there in time for the birth.

4. Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way?




 "Around the World" by Nat King Cole. Click on title to see the Youtube version.

5. What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year? 

While Colorado has many locations for excellent picnics, my favorite is always Eleven Mile Canyon. We've been going there since about 1977. Lunch is served after Beloved's had some time to fly fish, and after lunch, he gets right back into the water. The photo collage I'm posting is made up of pictures I took last June; now the trees are golden yellow Aspens mixed in with evergreens.

What's in the picnic basket? (let's pretend I'm not restricted to my gluten- and dairy-free diet, okay?) 

Fried chicken
my mother's potato salad
Deviled Eggs
red grapes
German Chocolate Cake

6. Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping ... which skill would you most like to possess and how would you put that skill to use today?

Landscaping would be my choice. I wish I had the knowledge and money to grow the most beautiful variety of flowers in my yard.

7. What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately?

A house on a hill or a ridge with a fantastic view of the mountains and the city lights at night.

8. Insert your own random thought here. Food for thought...

"What you are doing now can start generational blessings." 

a quote by Crawford Loritts on Moody Radio

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-


Today I'm linking up with other bloggers at From This Side of the Pond

10 comments:

  1. Loved your answers...and I so would enjoy that picnic. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a picnic! And Colorado would be a wonderful location. I like your quotation at the beginning of this post. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Colorado several times and I loved it there! How fortunate you are to live amidst all that beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos of Colorado in the fall. I'm supposed to be on a gluten-free, dairy-free diet too. I felt so much better when I was eating Paleo, I need to get back to that. Nice to meet you through the Hodgepodge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers to this week's Hodgepodge. I want to go on that picnic with you!! You basket of goodies sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you are giving me ideas for an autumn picnic. Must check weather reports! I always enjoy reading Hodge Podge answers...interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quote! I would like to share in your picnic. :o)) Happy mid-week!

    ReplyDelete

  8. Ah, great tune.

    And as for your picnic, I'd love to tag along! (if only for the view & a deviled egg or two)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your picnic selections mad my mouth water, Barbara! I have been making dinner for a neighbor family once a week,as the mother unfortunately is battling a re-occurrence of breast cancer and it receiving chemo. Your picnic gave me an idea of a meal I could prepare for them!

    Ii Mile Canyon is a favorite place for photographers to go to take Milky Way photos at night! I am always amazed by their photos on facebook!

    ReplyDelete