Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Writing for Simple Woman's Daybook September

My alter ego, Grammy Bear
Let me just say that it has been one of those days. I need to find something to make me laugh (or at least chuckle) because otherwise I'm not very nice to be with.  You know what I mean. It happens to all of us from time to time.

Prayer and Bible reading help a great deal, but sometimes we also need to bring in the teddy bears!


us, sitting around after supper
Grandad Bear and I were sitting around after supper when he asked me what I was going to be doing this evening. I replied that Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond blog was not able to produce the usual questions for Hodgepodge Wednesday, which is what I usually deal with on Tuesday nights.


He asked me if I was going to write something else and I nodded that I was thinking about it but had not decided what the topic would be.



He came back quickly with a suggestion of sorts: yes, do write something -- anything to get past the post about tofu! As you can tell, Beloved is not a fan of the white bean curd, no matter the health benefits. 



Roasted Summer Vegetables (with tofu option)
I told him I was thinking about doing a post for The Simple Woman's Daybook. He agreed that I should, commenting that it had been a while since my last one. So that was decided and now I will proceed to unwind from my day via the writing prompts from Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog: The September Daybook Community and Link Up.




For Today ....

Outside my window ...
The sun set sometime within the last hour and it's only 7:45pm. Darkness encroaches on us quickly these days (in more ways than just one).

I am thinking ...
Why do things have to change? Right now, I'm talking about tried-and-true skin-care products. When I placed an order with my dear Mary Kay consultant (who has been making me pretty for about 10 years), I learned the company no longer carries my foundation!

Day Radiance True Beige
She does have one left, and it's mine. 

I am thankful ...
for the above, and the fact that I can delay making a big decision about which product to use in the future when this one runs out.

I am wearing ...
white capri pants with a lavender and 
white striped sweater (both from Kohl's),
my bronze-colored sandals from Clarks, 
and pearl earrings. 
I'm not a southern girl, 
but I do like my pearls!

I am creating ...
a cover for my Vitamix.

a work-in-progress
There is the right way to do things,
and then there's the unconventional way.
I went with the latter on this project 
and it's been a little dicey. 
It's not hemmed on the bottom yet.
I plan to make several star blocks into
a border along the bottom so the 
cover coordinates with the valance 
at the top of the pantry doorway:

a disclaimer about my cooking on the pantry door
To my dismay, I couldn't find the same black-and-white 
homespun fabric used in the valance for the appliance cover,
so I settled for something that coordinates.
It's okay. As long as it looks 'country.'

I am going ...
to continue with the ladies' Bible study at church,
in spite of the fact that they 
surprised us at our first session today 
with a new computer sign-in system 
that operated v-e-r-y-s-l-o-w-l-y.
They said it's the same system they use 
when checking children into the nursery;
but I felt more like BIG BROTHER 
was trying to keep track of me.
I'm okay with God looking after me
but this system threw me for a loop:

Has my name been changed to MZ4?
I am wondering ...
when people will realize that just because 
they think something
doesn't mean they have to
say it out loud.

I am reading ...

books make a great escape when the world bears down hard

Speaking of books, the Bible study we're doing at church
right now is Gideon by Priscilla Shirer.
Have you seen her starring in the newly-released 
film, War Room? It's very good.
Here's a link to the trailer:
I am hoping ...
to pull out the rest of my autumn decorations 
before the week is over.

artificial pumpkins from The Cook on Fifth Street
In my garden ...
Things are starting to lose their former glory
because our nights are getting cooler.


But here is a glimpse of my
brother-in-law's garden, 
taken just last week.
If you look closely you can see
Sister on a rolling stool
harvesting okra.

In my kitchen ...
You already know that we had 
tofu for dinner last night.
Right now the dishwasher is running.

In the homeschool room ...
My kids are all grown, married, and don't live in my town.
One of my daughters-in-law is homeschooling 
her brood and sent this picture:

created by Granddaughter Number Two
 It's Stonehenge made out of Rice Krispy treats! 
They don't have a dog, 
so her siblings ate her homework!

----------------------
Here is one more fun piece of whimsey 
before I close out with a favorite quote:

After we got home from our trip to the Midwest,
we noticed something new at the fireplace ...


Do you see it? 
Last year we came home with mosquito bites, 
but this year we apparently came home 
with something somebody else...


Whoever they are, it looks like they plan to stay!!


A favorite quote for today ...
The LORD is my light
and my salvation --
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life --
of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1

----------------------------
I am linking up this blog post with Peggy and others at The Simple Woman's Blog: The September Daybook Community and Link Up.

Wow. I feel better now for having participated in this blog exercise. Thanks for reading it all the way to the end! Feel free to leave nice comments, below.

2 comments:

  1. MUCH better than the tofu (yuck) post!! Thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy the Daybook entries and yes, some days we just struggle. I've had a few myself the past few days. :o)) Happy rest of the week my friend!

    ReplyDelete