Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

When Darkness Threatens Your Sunrise

a gift from my friend Mary

Sometimes as I begin to wake up in the mornings, I am bombarded with thoughts of my inadequacy, my failures, and fear about what lies ahead. 

I used to think something must be wrong with me, to have such negative thoughts at the outset of a new day. It's like getting shot down before I even get out of bed!

But as Christ-followers, we need to remember we are in a spiritual battle for our mind and it's the enemy of our soul who is attacking us.


For our struggle is not against
flesh and blood,
but against the rulers,
against the authorities,
against the powers of this dark world 
and against the spiritual forces of evil 
in the heavenly realms.

Ephesians 6:12

The sixth chapter of Ephesians gives us instructions how to face our enemies, and in particular, this unseen one that tries to captivate the mind with fear and apprehension.

We need to be armed with the Truth of God's Word, salvation through Jesus Christ and a clean conscience before God, the peace that only comes through a relationship with Jesus Christ, faith in God's power to help us and a focus on scripture as we face whatever comes our way. 

If we are troubled and can't seem to shake it, that's an indication of our need to get alone with God to ask Him if we have overlooked something in our life that needs to be confessed. 

Beyond that, we remember that the Lord is our high tower. The righteous run to Him and are saved. (Proverbs 18:10) Claim that  truth when darkness tries to dim your sunrise. It works for me.


--------------------
If you are unsure of your relationship with God, click on this link to an article I have written, Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment