Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

The Missing Ingredient

Beloved hangs our American flag on September 11, 2015

If my people who are called by my name, 
will humble themselves 
and pray and seek my face and 
turn from their wicked ways, 
then I will hear from heaven, 
and I will forgive their sin 
and will heal their land.

II Chronicles 7:14

The problem is although there has been a lot of prayer and patriotic spirit since that fateful day fourteen years ago, there has been very little humility and repentance. 

Few have taken those attacks as warnings our nation needs to return to God and have instead boasted how we will come back to be stronger than ever. 

But even that has backfired as we've seen a shocking number of our own young people leave our shores to join the enemy. 

I submit that on this day of grave memories, we should humbly bow and pray along the lines of the Psalmist:


Search me, O God, 
and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24

God wants our humility and repentance, not our boasting. There is hope for us if we stop ignoring the missing ingredient for God's blessing.


3 comments:

  1. So well said. You are absolutely right about our situation today. Know our hearts and hear us oh Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but I refuse to belive that our God would punish 3,000 people who innocently went to work one day and we're burned or crushed to death by terrorists. Jesus lived at a time when the Roman empire was cruel and unjust, yet He said: "Render unto Caesar what is Ceasar's, and to God what is God's. 9-11 was the act of heinous evil devils. Evil exists in this world and we must fight it, but not only with prayer, or all Christians will be destroyed. Jesus taught us to love and do good--each of us can do that every day to help make the world a better place, but I will not accept that 9-11 was God's punishment on our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, friends. Thank you....the flag is always flying here....our landlady's late husband was military, and now she leaves the flag up because my husband is a former Marine. We also have one flying off of our back deck. Blessings

    ReplyDelete