Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

An Art Gallery (of sorts)

Lately I've come across some artsy scenes that intrigued me. Art can be found in both odd and ordinary places. I'm snapping pictures of them and numbering each one. At the end of this post you can read a description of the pictures.

Number 1
Number 2
Number 3
Number 4
Number 5
Number 6
Number 7
Number 8
Number 9

Number 1:   I placed a vented pizza pan on top of a wood cutting board and then applied shortening to the pan in preparation for baking a pizza crust. When I lifted the pan, there remained tiny white blobs of shortening that had come through the small holes in the vented pan. The blobs reminded me of pearls.

Number 2:   slices of cheesecake, some with a cherry topping and some without, ready to be served at the Senior Luncheon at our church. 

Number 3: colorful soap on the windshield at the automatic car wash.

Number 4:  triangle pieces ready to be sewn into a Halloween table topper.


Number 5: flowers outside a local history museum (I don't know what they are)

Number 6: one of two metal sculptures flanking an overpass on I-80 in Council Bluffs, Iowa. This is not one of my favorite pieces of art, but interesting nonetheless. We see this every time we drive to and from Illinois and wonder what the artist had in mind.

Number 7: carpeting at a Holiday Inn Express

Number 8: white lights strung across historic main street in Castle Rock. 

Number 9: the lacy edge of a fried egg

2 comments:

  1. Whoa....cool though. Great photos, thanks for the smiles. Have a blessed Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that was interesting! You're clever to take the photos...the shortening in circles and evenly spaced really made me wonder.

    ReplyDelete