Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook for Tuesday August 4



Joyce is taking this week off from the usual Hodgepodge questions, so I'm linking up with the bloggers and the questions found at The Simple Woman's Daybook. 

For Today…Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Outside my window... 


the sun has slipped behind the Rocky Mountains and the clouds have a gold lining against a pale blue sky. The Lord blessed us with a beautiful day that got up to about 86 degrees with no rain.


I am thinking... 


how much I enjoy Colorado weather (most of the time). It is not at all unusual to have rain come in over the Rocky Mountains in the summer afternoons to freshen up the flowers and trees. Then by early evening the rain is gone and the twilight hours are cool.


I am thankful... 


the weight I lost well over a year ago (18 pounds) after going gluten- and dairy-free continues to be a thing of the past -- and I feel great!!


I am wearing... 


off-white capri jeans, a short-sleeved floral print knit top, beige sandals, and pale pink hoop earrings lined with gold.


I am creating... 


a blog post! and also working on an appliqué project ...




I am going... 


to stay home tomorrow to wash towels, clean bathrooms, and (hopefully) complete the sewing project.


I am wondering... 


nothing at the moment but that is always subject to change! (smile)


I am reading... 


through the book of Acts in the Jeremiah Study Bible.

In my garden... 

photo collage created this past weekend when the flowers were really showing off

In my kitchen... 


this evening we had salads for supper. Mine was made up of quinoa and three kinds of beans (chickpeas, kidney, and edamame), with diced bell peppers, dried cranberries, and a vinaigrette.


A favorite quote for today... 


“God places a high value on what we do with our bodies since we are His temple.” 
(see I Corinthians 6:19) 
from the blog titled Deep Roots at Home


A peek into one of my days...

just one of MANY displays at IKEA
Denise had never been to IKEA, so today I swung by her house and we spent a couple of hours wandering through the huge store.  We had planned to have lunch in their cafeteria, but she was not in the mood for Swedish Meatballs and the only salad they had was pre-made with cheese in it, so at her suggestion, we got back into the car and ate at Mad Greens instead. Wonderful idea!


One of my favorite things...


My daughter posted this on Face Book a few days ago.  This is my grand puppy taking a nap on the arm of her couch, on the quilt I made for my granddaughter (age 6 months this coming weekend). I love it when those who are dear to me enjoy the quilts I have made.

Post Script
Here is a thought-provoking quote that came my way today from Susie Larson:

"May you step back from the things that frustrate you 
and consider what God might be saying to you here."

Snapdragons on my deck

To see how other bloggers have responded to the Daybook questions, click here:

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your Daybook. I was thinking of you the other day, while we were watching HGTV and they had a couple cabin/house hunting in Colorado...how beautiful to live there...

    Adore your grand pup, smiles. Have a lovely Wednesday and congrats on the weight loss. Since I have been back to "school" and walking those hills, I have lost 20-30 lbs---amazing what that/walking those hills does. (although my husband says it is because I am chasing the young folk)SMILES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting from Simple Woman's Daybook. Such a beautiful garden collage of blossoms. Very pretty. I have never been to IKEA so thanks for the peek! Your salad looks delicious and what a great combination. Yum! Thanks for letting me drop by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your Daybook today and your photos. The grandpup is precious! I'm going to hop over to check out Simple Woman. This is a Meme I've not participated in before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love our cool evenings and mornings, too! They are a blessing from the hot sun. Beautiful flowers and fun daybook! I am a huge fan of IKEA. We discovered it while living in Germany and it was fantastic. I still love it! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your day book. I wish we had your weather but maybe I should ask what God wants me to learn during these hot days...
    The Sunflower will be pretty..will it be a flag?
    I liked the Bible verse you added.
    And, ohhh what a cute and cuddly grandpuppy you have. Perhaps I should share a photo of mine.
    I miss IKEA sometimes, we had one near us in Pennsylvania.
    Have a good week.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, would love 86 degree weather, ours was 101 today. Not good when you are in and out as much as we are right now. I always enjoy a Daybook, both reading and participating. What a cute Grandpuppy. Believe it or not, I have never been to an IKEA. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I am from Simple Woman's Daybook. I love your flowers and absolutely adore your puppy. So darling

    ReplyDelete