Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Food for the Soul

flowers in my back yard on an August morning
This is the lovely sight out our back windows this summer. The tallest flowers on the left are called Veronica Speedwell and all the others are Cosmos. As we move into autumn we should be able to see some Chrysanthemums, too.

While their striking colors catch my attention first, I am especially intrigued in the early morning hours with how the faces of the Cosmos flowers are turned in the direction of the rising sun. The taller bush of flowers don't seem to be quite as inclined to follow the light.

This reminds me of a verse my sister and I memorized as young girls in a missions education program in our church:

Arise, shine; for thy light has come,
and the glory of the Lord 
is risen upon thee.
Isaiah 60:1

May we all turn ourselves toward the Lord to see His glory and to learn from His illumination on our circumstances.

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking I memorized that verse as well. Perhaps it was in GA's. A wonderful verse to commit to memory for sure. Happy weekend Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Blessings

    ReplyDelete