1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
The last time I relocated was in 2013 when we moved to The Brown Bungalow. We moved because we are near retirement age and were tired of climbing steps to go to bed.
We did much of the packing ourselves and had a moving company pack the dishes, the garage, load and deliver the furniture.
The best thing about moving is the closets and basement get cleaned out and (in our case), everything that came with the construction of The Brown Bungalow was entirely brand new.
The worst thing about moving is getting used to new traffic patterns and finding the stores that carry the necessities of life. (and the picture on my new driver's license is absolutely horrible...)
We think we will be happy staying right here, but of course anything can happen to change that.
2. When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.
Music will move me to tears. Here's one:
In the Presence of Jehovah
In the Presence of Jehovah
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
I don’t have rules about eating in my car but I do have one friend that apparently has a reputation for spilling her coffee in any car she rides. Sure enough, she did it in mine, too. So she is definitely forbidden to have any food or drink in my car ever again. I like to eat Trail Mix in the car when we are traveling cross-country.
4. Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving.
5. What's your most frequently visited drive-thru...Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
I don’t go through any foodie drive-thru windows since I’ve got food allergies that are often not addressed at fast-food establishments. We don't tend to use the bank drive-thru, either.
6. "He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?
I tend to make decisions too quickly and it’s been my downfall many a time.
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
On our road trip a month ago our GPS app failed us three times!!! But we managed to get ourselves back on track fairly quickly. (I never mind getting lost with Beloved.)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
|Pizza made with gluten-free Bisquick|
Recently I've made the happy discovery that a good pizza crust can be made with Gluten-Free Bisquick. (they also have a boxed mix made specifically for pizza)
I used sautéed onions and fresh tomatoes with Daiya mozzarella cheese. Daiya cheese is a soy product and stands in pretty well for dairy cheese when your body is lactose-intolerant.