Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ponderments

wall decor in the home of our son and daughter-in-law

It's been nearly two weeks since I last wrote a post for this blog. While I've been out of town for most of that time on a road trip, that was not the reason for my silence. 

crossing the Mississippi River to get to Arkansas

Discouragement set in heavily on me the day before we hopped into our Ford. The ruling by the highest court of our land, although not unexpected, was a heavy one. Frankly, I didn't know what to do with it so after writing the post about a broken retaining wall in my town, I finished packing my collection of sandals and headed out.

serious rain storm in Wichita on I-35

In the days since then, I have been discouraged further by some in the Christian community who have weakened their stance on the issues and appear to be falling away. But at the same time I am lifted up to see those who remain strong and promise to do all they can to preserve our religious liberties. 

riverfront house entertainment provided by our daughter and son-in-law

Those who know me personally and those who have been reading my blogs over the past six years can see a pattern in my behavior when it comes to negativity and bad news. A discouraging word tends to pull me down fast. It's just the way I am wired, so I have to work at not allowing that response to define me.

Beloved surveys the river

I am seeing that my intake of the bad news needs to be tempered (over-balanced, actually) with a greater intake of good news, messages of hope and faith.  

Zinnias at Cracker Barrel near Tulsa

Many of us believe that we are in the last days. No one except God the Father knows how long this will continue, days, months, years? The question for me, and maybe for you as well, is how are we to live when the rules are changing so quickly and often in disheartening directions?

me with granddaughter number 5

1)  Keep the faith in God. He's got this. None of it takes Him by surprise. Jesus Christ is our victor and this is just something we need to go through on our journey to our eternal home with our Savior. 


2)  Continue to be salt and light in an ever-darkening world. Those of us who know Christ as our Savior need to be more vigilant than ever to bring preservation and illumination to those within our sphere of influence. 



Bible opened to Psalm 23 as we entered motel room in West Memphis

We can't do these things without a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and time spent alone with Him daily. We are powerless to help and encourage any change in others without His input into us first.


home fireworks provided by one of our sons and our son-in-law





1 comment:

  1. The guy standing out there looking at the water saw several fish jump. . . and him without any gear or license!

    ReplyDelete