Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Hodgepodge on Wednesday

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God,
But only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round and pluck blackberries.

-- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Today I'm linking up with Joyce's Hodgepodge Wednesday. See how I've responded to her questions, then at the end you can click on her link to see the answers of other bloggers.

1. What’s something you’re looking forward to in the month of June?

June is turning out to be a time of challenge for me with 2 sets of good friends moving away (one set being a very dependable pair of neighbors just next door). But July promises to be much better when we will get to see all of our children and grandchildren.

2. In what way have you come full circle?

This summer my three children will celebrate their birthdays (42, 40, and 38). It just doesn’t seem all that long ago that I was those ages. I feel I’ve come full circle to see them experiencing similar stages of family life and adulthood that I was feeling at that time.

3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?

Queens NY, Western South Dakota, New Orleans, Colorado River Region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mount Shasta Region CA.

I’ve highlighted in blue the places where I’ve been (have lived in some of them and others I may have just passed through). I would love to visit the lovely charm of the deep South --Greenville, South Carolina sounds like a good starting point.

4. A song that describes your mood right now?

I Love You Lord. Here’s a Youtube video with the song by the Maranatha Singers: 

5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine … your favorite?

Strawberries right off the vine (rinse them off first, please).

6. Aesop’s birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that’s accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well know fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now?

The Tortoise and the Hare (slow and steady wins the race)
The Ant and the Grasshopper (be prepared)
The Fox and the Goat (look before you leap)
The Crow and the Pitcher (necessity is the mother of invention)

Hmmm… (drumming my fingernails on the desk here) … I’ll go with ‘slow and steady wins the race’ because I need to focus on enduring more than running.

7. The answer is yes…what’s the question?

Shall we go to Texas Roadhouse for supper tonight?

8. Insert your own random thought here.


More guests have come to Grammys Place Bed and Breakfast (click here to see what that’s about). These guests hail from the other side of town where their former hostess is preparing to move to The Lone Star State and there just isn’t room in the buggy for them to go. They were awaiting their room assignments when I snapped this picture of them.


Click here to see other bloggers who have linked up on Wednesday Hodgepodge.

Thanks, Joyce, for the fun questions!

6 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the Hodgepodge. I enjoyed reading your answers.
    I love your new "house guests", by the way. I have several of their relatives residing in my bedroom, at the moment :) Teddybears are a favorite of mine, especially Boyd's Bears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot of birthday's to celebrate. Where has the time gone. My two are 36 and 34 now! Sorry about your friends moving away. Hope you enjoy your dinner. Loving the Boyd's Bears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to Greenville, SC. It is beautiful. We drove there from NW Wisconsin where we live to Greenville by way of Harper's Ferry, WV a few years ago. What a gorgeous trip. It was in October, a beautiful time of year to travel that direction! Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. I love that song too. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to post my link! Thanks for the reminder! We LOVE Texas Roadhouse! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get excellent new neighbors! And I want dinner out too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bears. Shame about the neighbours but hopefully you will soon be making new friends.

    ReplyDelete